Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Rough weekend

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:35 PM
  • 7 Replies

Had to tell sam his BFF is moving at the end of the school year. 

As you can imagine, I was crying, He was crying.. We both know it will be ok, but I know how hard it is for him, as an Aspie, to make friends,, and how rare and wonderful his friend is. So we have struggled this weekend... Its been a rough one. 

I knew having kids would be tough, but ai so badly want to keep heartache like this to a minimum... Its too hard. 

by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Aw, poor Sam.  That's a rough life changing moment. I know he'll be ok (he's got you as his mom) but getting to ok will be the battle.

suetoo
by Sue on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

How far away? I remember well how I felt 45 yrs ago when my BFF moved away. Is there any way you could plan a visit? My heart hurts because your heart hurts because we can't take the hurt away from our children's hearts! :-(

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:15 PM

They are moving from NY to NC. 

My dad and his wife live in NC.. About 2.5 -3 hours from where Sams friend is moving to.. So Im planning on trying to hook up with them once over the summer... Their family still lives up here (im in Southern NY, her family is in NJ (Northern) and his family are in CT (southern) so they WILL be up again.. BUT, just sad.. sam said himself "its never going to be the same."... And he is right... BUT, that doesnt mean it isnt going to be ok.. 

My heart is def. hurting... :( thanks for the kind words. 

Quoting suetoo:

How far away? I remember well how I felt 45 yrs ago when my BFF moved away. Is there any way you could plan a visit? My heart hurts because your heart hurts because we can't take the hurt away from our children's hearts! :-(

CaptNumo9
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Being a mama has rough spots. So sorry Sam has to deal with this. Having you right there beside him, crying with him, letting him know that it is ok to grieve the loss of a friend (even moving away) is good and healthy. You are a great mama. Hugs, to Sam too!

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
That's tough. Im sorry he has to go through that, that you have to go through that.
I wish i had words of wisdom for you, but i don't. I do know you will get Sam past this.
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suebee3
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:33 AM

My oldest is in 3rd grade and has a hard time making friends.  In kindergarten her friend died of a brain tumor.  Last year her friend moved and this year her other friend in moving in 2 weeks.  I feel so bad for her.

Kimmiky
by Kimmiky on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

oh that's sad. I hope you and Sam will get through this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN