Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms
I added up just the produce portion of my food bill today after i went shopping. Just the produce was $77.62!!
And ill need to restock certain things by wed or thurs. Like apples, pears, Berries, not to mention veggies like broccoli.
Giuliana only likes red grapes, G only likes green grapes, G eats 2 carrots a day, and only likes red peppers,
Anthony insists on a salad with dinner every night.
I can't wait for summer when produce is more in season and a little cheaper!
Eating healthy is EXPENSIVE! !
We also eat fish twice a week, so that's not cheap, and while we used to eat pasta At least 3x a week, because Anthony and G are carboholics, we now only have it 1x a week.
I will say though, Anthony has lost over 30 lbs, and i lost 13 lbs.
So may be worth it, but still!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Replies (11-15):
suebee3
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I hear you!  We are trying to eat clean too.  My middle one can't have gluten, dairy, eggs and soy so buying her special stuff also adds up

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Holy sugar! That's restrictive, poor thing.
Im doing it for overall health and my 4 yr old has some issues.
Id hate to have to be that limited though.
If you have any recipe would you share? I wouldn't mind a couple weeks a night like that

Quoting suebee3:

I hear you!  We are trying to eat clean too.  My middle one can't have gluten, dairy, eggs and soy so buying her special stuff also adds up

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Not my 4 yr old. He has some issues and he won't eat anything "broken".

Quoting nymomma3:

Could you cut them up and cut that spot on so they didn't see it? That's normally what I do if they don't want to eat an apple or something that has a bruise. Cut it out and slice the apple up and then give it to them sliced with peanut butter or something. It wouldn't hurt to just tell them this is what your getting, nothing wrong with it, just got dropped. We cut it out the rest is fine. Just saying, produce won't always look perfect ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jillysmom
by Adele on Apr. 11, 2014 at 1:51 PM

I don't buy them much being i'm the only one who eats them

nymomma3
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:03 PM

I understand lol kids are funny sometimes.

Quoting Cecelia712: Not my 4 yr old. He has some issues and he won't eat anything "broken".
Quoting nymomma3:

Could you cut them up and cut that spot on so they didn't see it? That's normally what I do if they don't want to eat an apple or something that has a bruise. Cut it out and slice the apple up and then give it to them sliced with peanut butter or something. It wouldn't hurt to just tell them this is what your getting, nothing wrong with it, just got dropped. We cut it out the rest is fine. Just saying, produce won't always look perfect ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)