Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

What to do ....

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:18 AM
  • 6 Replies
.... within an hour or so (very flexible 'or so') of Catskill area, with two very hard to please in-laws? Mine are due to arrive any minute and being new to the area, don't know of too much locally. Mobility is a bit of an issue as is surviving the heat! Headed to the museum in Albany and the playground at Dutchman's Landing .... then got nothing lol. Any ideas for small towns, little cares, shops, sights .... anything really. Darn my husband for not having time off work lol Just me, my three year old and two cross crumblies :)

Thank You for any suggestions!
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 12:28 PM
I don't live in that area so can't help you but good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redambergreene
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Thank You anyway :) Wait ... if you're not in the area, you could be just the friend I'm looking for lol. This too shall pass ... this too shall pass ......
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I am up in Central, and have never been to the catskills, good luck. I have a hard to deal with MIL>

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Sure, you can hide out here!
I know all about difficult mils!

Quoting redambergreene: Thank You anyway :) Wait ... if you're not in the area, you could be just the friend I'm looking for lol. This too shall pass ... this too shall pass ......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redambergreene
by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol - thank you ladies! What is it about MILs? I mean, here we are, perfect little Mama's ... but at some point, will we turn I to crazy MILs too?

And now it's raining all week? Arghhhh.... trapped inside!!!
redambergreene
by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 11:10 PM
This is not going well at all. Today, they wanted to go for a picnic because it was raining and they didn't want to cook out and eat in the rain. I know, doomed. We're catching a bit of Arthur's tail end lol. So we drive and drive and drive - eventually we end up eating the picnic in the car ... because ... I won't bother finishing.

We happened across a really nice guy who smiled at me and my three year old. MIL flipped and accused him of being a drug addict / kidnapper and so on. Then another person didn't smile and she called him a "Miserable bastard who didn't like that I am English because it's Independence Day." He had no way of knowing my nationality and probably heard there was a nutjob accusing everyone who smiled of being a child abducting junkie.

Tomorrow we're going to the museum in Albany. Anyone want to come?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN