Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Just don't get it. seriously would am I doing that so BAD either that or you're just afraid that I'm going to take over your job eventually?!

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2017 at 8:46 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this
Long post/ rant..BUT A MUST READ.
I have been in the field of early childhood for almost 15 years now. I am very good at what I do and I feel I am an expert at my job. I know all about behavior management strategies oh my god listen to me it's like I'm going to job interview but wait there is a method to my madness lol.
That being said the last two jobs or should I say 3 or 4 or 5 jobs I have had in this field every child has fallen head over heels in love with me I don't want to brag but hey its the truth and I get them learning I make them happy I have them singing songs when we leave the classroom and I like to do a lot of nice projects and literacy activities with them, wow a dream teacher right but wait. It seems like everytime I'm on the job it seems like somebody always has a problem with me. I don't know what it is. I don't know what kind of vibe I give off I don't know anything. I mean I always say hi I always smile I always try to make small talk with people. I'm always very nice to the parents but of course you have one helicopter parent or a parent that's always complaining about something okay fine be that as it may that's the field that's the job I chose so whatever.
I don't like it that every single time I'm working in a classroom it could either be my assistant or could be somebody seems to have a problem with me. I do not understand something. Do you want to take over my job or you after my job are you jealous that I'm there? I mean guess what you can have my job I'll move on to bigger and better things it may take time but I will get there. But guess what you don't have the credentials that I have got and I certainly do not feel that you know more than I do.
Let me discuss the last two instances or should I say the last two jobs I had they are both in the Bronx one of them was a dream come true. It was on the Grand Concourse some of you that live in New York will know what I am talking about and I had a great director he was a man of course that's why I like him lol and I had an assistant who was very outspoken and very opinionated and always like to be heard. I wanted a little boy to join me in the group so I gently took him under my arms I said come here come join me well she took that as me grabbing him and told me I saw what you did don't do it again and I said okay I don't think I was doing anything wrong here next thing I know I get pulled into the office she is there and they are about to call Child Protective Services on me for what I have no idea and I thought that her and kicked thing in the bud.
Weeks go by and I am transferred to a 3 year old class and mine you they hired me to work for you PK I was very unhappy about the change and I thought everything was going okay will the next thing I know I get called into the office again because supposedly apparent was crying real hard which I think its b******* saying that I practically slam the door on her and her child's face which I did no such thing I merely told her that you need to take the child's home because the child is feverish and does not feel well and she tried to argue with me and I told her she has a fever she has to go home and the conversation well as I'm in the office I get handed a termination letter which is total b******* even though I was on probation they still should not have done that and if my assistant hadn't opens a big fat mouth none of this would have ever occurred and I would still be working there as we speak.
The following week close by and I don't want an interview at another spot in the Bronx they like me the interview me and I get the job ASAP okay I'm not even there all weekend they already picking on me about things that I didn't do seeing as how it was in the projects they had to shut off the water and so the children could not be there but the teachers had to be there I didn't know it was my job to call the parents so the next day all my kids are coming in because nobody called them I didn't think it was the teachers job to call they should have specified that upon higher or whenever this happened they accuse me also of not doing things that I was supposed to do in the classroom but guess what I only had two hands okay yes we had a 7 hour day when the kids are not there and things needed to be done in the classroom and they were not done by me but they were done by my assistant so what at least this stuff I've gotten done I don't understand what is it that I'm doing what is it that I'm getting off once again these children absolutely fell love with me but it seems like everytime the children love me staff the administration has a problem with it I don't get it is it jealousy is it insecurities what is it ladies I Need some feedback ASAP
by on Dec. 10, 2017 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 2:04 PM
Bottom line being..
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 7:48 AM
I think you need better communication skills?
Maybe you're great at parts your job and kids like you but youre not working well with your coworkers or the parents. If there are then s many big misunderstandings there is something off with the communication between you and the other adults you encounter.

by on Dec. 11, 2017 at 7:51 AM
You seem to have an incredibly skewed perception of self. You don’t come across as a likeabke person here at all.

by on Dec. 11, 2017 at 8:02 AM
Your writing is tangential and what I mean is that your thoughts are grandiose and all over the place. If you think in the manner that you write, I can see some problems. You seem to have an overly inflated opinion of yourself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)