Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you started or in the process of starting your business?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:20 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 365 Total Views

Hi there!

Just wandering where everyone is at in the process. Personally I just launched my business website after several months and a few years of carrying it in my heart. I had other business ventures and some I'm still focused on to improve with time. You can read the longer verison of it at Wings2soar.biz under About Us. Please share your story, it may inspire or encourage  someone ! Talk soon and as always hope your life and biz has Wings2Soar!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DogsMom
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Congratulations!  Hope all goes better than you dreamed.

I am still in the looking for the right fit area.  As a much younger mom I was involved in the party plans and the craft show circuit (well, I did a few shows) and even some door to door. So Sales type things, but I also thought of it as providing enjoyment and benefit to people.  This was all before computers.  Our idea of MLM or Pyramid sales was that famous cleaning products company that forbids their people to speak the name aloud while recruiting.  Now there are so many more doing the same thing virally.  I read an interesting name for one version yesterday, wish I could remember it.  It is when you "hook" your customer into agreeing to buy every month so you continue to receive residual income.  Done openly I see no problem to it, but those companies that sneak it into a deal bother my sense of ethics.

I need something that I can do from my own home and not have to get out into the community, with limited phone work and a reasonable amount of computer time, preferably something that can be done during flexible hours.  I like the idea of the research jobs, but have been told they can be monotanous, same questions, generally of a sexual nature, over and over.  I guess I also would like my job to have some meaning, provide some service.

In reality, I think I have not been able to spend money freely for so long (yup, depressed economy excuse) that I feel guilty pushing an expense on others. I need a thought adjustment.

treysmommy
by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 7:53 PM

I recently found a website called www.internetceomoms.com/nikkie . A lady called me on Thursday about my request for more info and she told me that they are paired up with a company called melaleuca. We talked for a few minuets and when she said they are all natural with no chemicals, I just knew that this was the fit for me. I joined and got started right away. I mean why not? All their cleaning products have no chemicals in them and their bath and body products are natural too!

Melaleuca is like shopping without the hassel of other people. They literally have everything you need for your home on their website. Today for instance I ordered Laundry soap, fabric softener, toothpaste, floor cleaner and the dispensers to go with them. They will be delivered to my door by Wednesday. I love this!

You can just join as a customer or you can join to make money. As a customer you just login and order your monthly order and it gets delivered to your door. As a business partner all you do is share with your friends and family how much you love the products and help them setup an account. No cataloges, phone call to strangers, door to door sales or parties.

I can't wait to sign up my first account, I know everyone is going to love Melaleuca!

DogsMom
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Good luck with Melaleuca. Hopefully you have found a good support person to train you. Hope she told you that you ALSO are required to spend a set amount of money every month.  If you need their products as frequently as you are required to buy them, or can buy them for a large family, it is a good company. Their products are wonderful. It is just the continued REQUIRED outflow of money that does not fit my value system.

Wings2Soar.biz
by Group Owner on Nov. 24, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Good Day ladies!

Have you considered Virtual Assistant work? There are companies setup to flow work to you as needed. They do have criterias depending on the type of work they need and specific area in business, but it may be something worth time looking into and if there is an area you can cover. I have an interview/video on my site Wings2Soar.biz under Human Resources that talks to a lady that started that kind of a company ( but there are many other to choose from. The idea behind virtual assistants is the convience to employers and the non-employee status. Most you will need is a computer, phone and probably fax or e-fax. ORRRR - hey, maybe you can start your own Girl Friday type of biz - make your own list of work you can provide from your home and see if there are needs in your area for such business, per hour, per project, how ever you set it up. Just a thought, you never know! Best you both! Wings2Soar.biz

DogsMom
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 12:31 PM

right now I am reading a book called Excuse Me, Your Life is Now,  the follow up to Excuse Me, You Life is Waiting.  And it is new-age spiritual -ish  but it helps me get into the right frame to think about what qualities I am looking for in work. It tells me to dream big and believe I will find it.

For those who are not into this type of spiritualism it is also just a good book to get you thinking more clearly about your choices.

Thank you for the virtual assistant idea. I need, or believe I need, more computer understanding. I can do the work but not efficiently. I am studying software types and working on my typing.

treysmommy
by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Yes they did tell me about the monthly expense. But, it's on stuff I already buy monthly at walmart. Now I don't have to drag my 3 yr old to the store and leave frustrated because he cried the whole time. He is horrible to shop with and nobody ever wants to watch him while I shop. I love that they deliver the products to my door. I think the prices are very reasonable and most of the stuff is concentrated so you get more for your money.

DogsMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Good- just so you are aware of the costs upfront. When I checked into that no one told all the small details.  I agree the products are very good.    Please let us know how it works out - how soon you see some results financially,  and how good your support system is to build your business.

I wish you much success.

starlite396
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Hello ladies,

I have started my home biz yes, and i absolutly love what im doing... i had done a home biz before but you had to bye products every month.. loved the products don't get me wrong but, i just didn't fit in i guess.. anyways, I am a work at home mom of 1 child and one on the way...I want to help you work from home. I love what I do I am an independent sales associate for Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. Not a "get-rich-quick" scheme, Pre-Paid Legal is a New York Stock Exchange company that has provided legal service plans for families And businesses for over 30 years.

If you wanna message me i'd love to anwser any questions

Feel Free To Shoot me a message              http://www.heidijohnson.buildlastingsuccess.com/
http://heidijohnson.buildblastoffsuccess.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)