Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy Monday! What's your Biz/Entrepeneurial Tip for Mondays? Read mine!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:56 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 280 Total Views

I'm not strange, but Mondays are great in my book! They help me get recharged, refocsed and remind me to get to the biz at hand. As an entrepreneur I make a habit of getting my TO DO List written down for the day and or the week. I set my biz goals and mommy/family goals. Having a system helps with staying focused and actually getting things accomplished. You don't have work on the fire system - always running frantic without a course. You have to do things on purpose in life and in biz ! Consider what time you have available when writing tasks down. Don't put down 25 tasks when your time/particular situation only allows for 5 items. Work through the list and feel the joy of getting things done!

Just Sharing: My mommy list includes getting color ink for computer today- daughter has history product and cover letter has to be just perfect. I have an Honors student and the refilled ink from Walgreens caused a serious meltdown when it was not vivid enough and unacceptable in her eyes last week. Perfectionist. It was not pretty! A few of my biz list items include promotion and writting and finding new content for my site at Wings2Soar.biz.

Go for it ! It's Monday ladies!  Wings2Soar.biz

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
DogsMom
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Last week was work on house and stay off computer (well, no one is perfect) for me.

I like your idea of listing tasks. what I would add is to then mark down after you have accomplished an item, how long it actually took you.  Some tasks will go quicker and others take much longer than allotted for.  This helps you to learn more about your idea of time and helps you when a similar task comes up, to know how much time in schedule to allow.

Wings2Soar.biz
by Group Owner on Nov. 24, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Hi there,

true, true - some items take longer than others. The more we do the same types of items we'll get better at giving the approximate time needed to accomplish them. As a standard I always give myself more time than I believe it would actually take - to allow for any surprises - this practice has saved me on more than one occassion. Have a great day and great Thanksgiving! Wings2Soar.biz

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)