Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where are you finding opportunities?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:44 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 311 Total Views

I have joined a few CafeMom groups to see what jobs and businesses are available, as well as doing a search engine on work from home, and now am reading blogs on the subject.

Where do you find interesting ideas  to check out and see if something is right for you?

Does anyone read the Home Business magazines?  (I did decades ago)

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
DogsMom
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Thank you for the offer, but I have heard the melaleuca details. That $1 is only the tip of the recurring costs. 

I was given some wonderful advice last week -  start up costs was one question, but also what are the monthly or quarterly fees?  Fees to maintain a website or 800 number?  Must I buy a sales kit or samples?   How often do I pay for catalogs?
What is my commission?  How soon and how frequently will I get paid - and the methods?
Is there training and support?  What is involved - cold calls or emails or parties or shows or data entry? Research? If I get sick and need to take a break - how am I effected? Are there quotas?  Opportunity for residual income? Promotions? Increased pay?

If you know other things to consider please add to this list.

Meanwhile, I have been reading WAH blogs and joining MeetUp groups dedicated to Entrepreneurs, and doing my online research.

treysmommy
by on May. 16, 2011 at 6:48 PM

I have recently started selling Tupperware and love it. Hosting parties is fun and the rewards are great. I get free Tupperware with every order I place. There are no weekly cataloges to order or 800 numbers to maintain. The money is really there with this one. I love it! I have tried Melaluca, Discovery Toys, AVON, Herbalife and Ameriplan. Never made any money until now. If you have questions email me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)