Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diabetic Diet! BLAH!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:25 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 145 Total Views

So, when I was pregnant with Cameron, my youngest, I had some REALLY serious pain issues.  They were all related to my pelvis and inflammation at the pubic symphysis.  I lost 30lbs before getting pregnant again, and my midwife thinks that weight will be the biggest precipator for the pain to return.  She really wants me to keep my weight gain at UNDER 20 lbs, and being that I've already gained 8 (oops!), she wants me to start a 2200 calorie/day, diabetic diet.  So... I see the nutritionist on Wednesday and the fun begins!  I'm not all that psyched about it, especially since it means I can't succomb to any more random cravings :(! Wondering if anyone else is on any special diets for their pregnancy, especially a diabetic diet??  Maybe we can trade tips and recipes!!

Love, Shawnna
Mommy to Jeremiah, Lexi & Cameron
nursebackpacklunchbagtoddler boy

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
NiceMom06
by Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:39 PM

I did a diabetic diet when I was preggo with my son.Its not that hard. Don't eat sweets ,cut back on the carbs and if you eat carbs make sure its whole wheat. Don't drink juices or soda. Eat a lot of greens. Also ,when you eat veggies or fruits make sure its one that you eat the peel, such apples,strawberries, spinach,etc. PM if you have any more questions. The part that was hard for me ,was cutting back on sweets, I LOVE cake and cookies.:)

Pregnancy%20ticker
Are you preggo ? And you due in 2010 ? Did you need help getting preggo? Come join this group: Due in 2010 with help      http://www.cafemom.com/group/due2010withhelp

Shawnna622
by Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Quoting NiceMom06:

I did a diabetic diet when I was preggo with my son.Its not that hard. Don't eat sweets ,cut back on the carbs and if you eat carbs make sure its whole wheat. Don't drink juices or soda. Eat a lot of greens. Also ,when you eat veggies or fruits make sure its one that you eat the peel, such apples,strawberries, spinach,etc. PM if you have any more questions. The part that was hard for me ,was cutting back on sweets, I LOVE cake and cookies.:)

Thanks for all the info.  I may have a lot more questions once I actually get started.  I love sweets too, so that's going to be the hardest part for me.  But, I think its necessary, so I hope that keeps me motivated.  Thanks again!

Love, Shawnna
Mommy to Jeremiah, Lexi & Cameron
nursebackpacklunchbagtoddler boy

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)