Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone going crazy with house changes?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:55 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 252 Total Views

My husband claims I'm nesting. I think I have lost my mind.  We are having our hardwood refinished this month.  What was I thinking. Seems simple until you have to remove all the furniture and relocated the cats.  Is anyone else doing anything crazy, or at least that is driving you crazy.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Everything is driving me crazy!!!! I live with a bunch of pigs! (And not just the kids) I try to clean as much as possible, but it is hard to be on my feet for too long. And even more frustrating when I do clean and 5 min later it is a mess again. {{{{SIGH}}}}

by Group Admin on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Its driving me crazy with all the stuff I need to do with the house! I have to redo a room for my DS to move into, painting new light fixtures etc, and get the nursery ready for a little girl. I want to have carpets cleans, get the living room changed around to accommodate the pack n play again. sigh I feel you.

by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Oh yeah, nesting has kicked in big time at our house!  Spent close to $400 at Ikea today.  We've completely cleared and rearranged 3 rooms so far.  I reeeeeally want to get a new couch and turn our front room in to the living room, and the current living room in to a play room... but we aren't going to have the money to do it.  Hasn't stopped me from looking at new couches everywhere we go!

Next weekend I'm tackling my daughter's room, clearing everything out, building the new dresser, and putting the baby's clothes in the changing table!

by Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Trying to make room for the new babies stuff without making my DD full like she is being pushed out. Im having to move all her stuff around and shes not liking it bc i cant make her understand what is going to happen shes only 17 months.

Im going crazy trying to make everything fit so i dont have to get rid of her toys. My DH wants to use the garage as one and not a storage unit (even though most is his stuff) he doesnt like having all the stuff in it (i guess my stuff). 

by Member on Jun. 15, 2010 at 9:51 PM
we r moving here in a few weeks but it is bothering me that we dont have much for the baby at all.. no car seat, not many bottles, all we have is clothes, a crib (no matress), some diapers, wipes, and a little bit of formula. im just feeling a little worried and helpless about not having things for her. but then again my mood swings have gotten really bad so i guess its normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Member on Jun. 17, 2010 at 9:36 PM

I'm still goin crazy trying to figure out if we should move before or after the baby comes. We live in a sm. 2br house but i love the area and the kids love theyre school and have their hearts set on goin to the same school next year. So i've just been cleaning everything, doors, windows floors, and trying to buy everything else we need.

by Member on Jul. 4, 2010 at 11:27 PM

we are trying to buy a house!!!!!!!!!!! and it would be a quick cash sale and if it happens now i will have to pack it all up before the baby,, yeah right, i don't even have the energy to wash my floors rightnow.........

by Member on Jul. 14, 2010 at 11:37 AM

we just moved so i need to get everything unpacked and ready for her arrival and its driving me crazy cause i dont know where to put anything!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)