• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My birth story with pictures (pic heavy)

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:01 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 354 Total Views

Finally its OVER! Thank God.

I went in for my induction on Monday August 2nd. We were in our room by 5:30 am. The nurse had my IV with pitocin  started by 6:25am. I was having contracts but nothing big at all. My Dr. came in around 7:30ish am and broke my water. Within 10 mins the contractions were actually starting to hurt. I trudged thru them like a champ, if I may say so myself! LOL By 8:15 they were every two mins and were kicking my ass! So I asked for the epidural. Took the dr. FOR EVER to get there.At least that is how it feels when you are have crazy contractions. Finally got the EPI around 9am I will say. She checked me as soon as I laid down. The nurses eyes got really wide and she said "wow your ready to push" I didnt believe her. I said " WHAT???" haha. Everyone had me hyped that when you are induced its a hurry up and wait game. No wonder why i was in so much pain. I wish I would have known I was dilated and ready to push, I would have by passed the EPI since it really never took full effect any ways. My dr. was there before I knew it, and we started pushing. WOW was it intense feeling Jayce come down the birth canal. The pressure was crazy! It didn't really "hurt" it was just a CRAZY feeling.He came in just a few pushes. Was born at 9:56 am! Talkin about a quick birth! Thank god everthing went without a hitch~ I do have 2nd tear so I have stitches. No biggie though! He is a breastfeeding champ, up every 2.5 - 3 hours to feed. So far everthing is great and I LOVE being a mommy of 2!

JAYCE THOMAS August 2nd 9:56 am. 8lbs 21 inches

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SaraZoey
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:07 PM
Congrats! The picture of him in the swing is precious!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
may08mom
by Group Owner on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Congrats!!  Glad everything went smoothly and quickly for you!  Jayce is such a cutie!  I can't wait to officially be a mommy of 2!!  Thanks for sharing your story!

may08mom
by Group Owner on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Oh, I wanted to ask, was this your first time to be induced?  It was quick like that with my first when I was induced as well.

tigerprincess25
by Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:10 AM

congrats hon hope you are feeling well your little one is just so cute hope your feeling better :)

2boysngirls
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Congrats! Glad you had a quick and not too painful birth. You have a beautiful family!

momtoash
by Member on Aug. 9, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Quoting may08mom:

Oh, I wanted to ask, was this your first time to be induced?  It was quick like that with my first when I was induced as well.

Yes!!  It was my first. It was crazy how fast it was. Are you getting induced this time??

momtoash
by Member on Aug. 9, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Quoting 2boysngirls:

Congrats! Glad you had a quick and not too painful birth. You have a beautiful family!

Thank you!!! We are so happy we have a healthy and good looking family! (haha)

may08mom
by Group Owner on Aug. 9, 2010 at 1:45 AM

Quoting momtoash:

Quoting may08mom:

Yes!!  It was my first. It was crazy how fast it was. Are you getting induced this time??

I'm not sure yet.  I told my doc I at least wanted to wait until I am past my due date (8/17) before considering induction.  I really really want to go into labor on my own this time.  Last time I was 4 days past my due date when he induced me.  I will probably set a date just in case though (probably somewhere around 4-7 days past my due date)

dogmama
by Member on Aug. 9, 2010 at 2:22 PM

you rock

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)