Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Joziah John

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 11:43 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 258 Total Views

I know this is very late but I have been very busy.

Joziah John came into this world at 5:06pm on Aug.13th. When he came out he was not crying.I could not see him or hold him or feed him for 2 hours.He would whine a little and the nurse would say that is the worst thing he could do there is something wrong.But to me it was so sweet and some type of noise.He weigh 7.4 and 20 inches long.He looks so much like my first son except Joziah has alot of hair:) But now he is doing great!!!!

Does anyone know is it ok to let your baby cry? I have to let Joa=ziah cry for a little bit before I feed him cuz if I don't he falls asleep within 5 minutes.But my sister said I am causing brain damage.I was just wondering if that is true???

by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
2boysngirls
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Congrat! He is adorable!

It is fine to let him cry. It actually helps strengthen his lungs. And I am sure that you can tell when he is getting too upset. Do what works for you. You could try rubbing the bottom jaw (below his cheeks) or his chest, this will wake him and he should eat more.

twinzplusone
by Member on Sep. 4, 2010 at 11:32 AM

thats funny. no drying will not cause brain damage. like the pp said it helps thier lungs get stronger. you're the mom and will know whats best for him, so dont worry about it. congrats, and im glad he is doing better.

Pam_8787
by Member on Sep. 4, 2010 at 6:27 PM
Congrats. And I agree with what everyone else said about the crying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)