Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Welcome Aboard the Military Moms Group! Introduce Yourself.....

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 11:33 AM
  • 2489 Replies
1 mom liked this

wave

Welcome to the Military Moms Group!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms! 

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  If you're feeling really adventurous, start your own post.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friend.  To send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

We recommend checking out these posts on our group:
**Find Info on YOUR Military Base HERE**
New Military Moms Group Signatures - Proud Military Wife & Mom!!
Our new facebook page...please pass it on

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message.  We really want you to have a great time in this group.

Now click reply and introduce yourself!

tea

Make yourself at home and enjoy the Group!

Robin and Jennifer and the Military Moms Group Mods:
fairymom2316, mamamissy23, myfoursonsks, Seans_mommy123, nemiller, tangleballlover, themacs4, brennajoy, bramamber, usmclife58, amberdy, asaffell, MommaSpry, violinjewel, PJMom1226, EagleMom96, CorbinsMomma, cat323, USAFamily and MarlaBarla

by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 11:33 AM
Edited by on Oct. 15, 2010 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erei28
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Hi, My name is Emma and my hubby is active duty Air Force and I'm so proud of him. Most of the men in my family(grandpa, uncles, cousins) have been in the army and a few in the other branches.

livn4hevn
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Hey Ladies!

My name is Dana Goldsmith. I'm 24 years old and I have been a Military wife for 5 years now. My husband is in the Army, and we're stationed at Fort Lewis, WA. We have three kids- Sam is 3, Joey is 2 and we are due with our first daughter, Lily, on December 17th!!

We live on post with our Saint Bernard, Daisy, who will be 2 in Feb. :)

My husband has been in the Army for almost 10 years now. He has done three tours- one to Egypt for 9 mos, then he was home for 8 months before he deployed to Iraq for 18 mos, then home for 15 months, then deployed to Iraq AGAIN for 15 months.... he was home for a year before he was scheduled to deploy yet again, but due to medical complications, we've been placed on Rear Detatchment for this current deployment. I have to say I'm fairly relieved!! In our 5 years of marriage, he's only been home roughly 2 1/2 years!!

I'm also the owner of "New to Fort Lewis" and "20 Something Military Wives". Can't wait to meet you all!!!

pregnancy calendar

Photobucket
mamamissy23
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Hey everyone I am Melissa. I am the group owner for Navy Wives. I have 2 children, Connor is 4 and Morgan is 16 months. My husband is in the Navy, we are on final coutdown until he comes home from deployment! We are so excited! I have been on cafemom since Jan of 2008. Its my 2nd home!

Love2BaMom77
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Hello Robin and all,  my name is Cynthia but I go by Cyn for short.  I'm a military veteran, I did six years as a Dental Technician for the US Navy.  I'm married to Josh who is a 'lifer'.  He's currently in year # 19 and we have a 19 month old son named Eric and two cats, a 10 year old female named Mischief and an off the street adopted 5 year old named Mayhem.  We currently live in GA and plan on being in the area for quite a while yet.  We are in the process of purchasing our first home.  Talk about a lot of exciting stuff going on.  I'm also a stay at home mom and an online college student with Kaplan University.  I am currently a Psychology major and in my 6th term in school.  I am devoting the bulk of my time to being a mom so I've only been taking one or two classes per term depending on how much work is involved in the class.  My husband is also in college as a Poli Sci. major so as you can see a bit of a busy household right now.  Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

brennajoy
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Hi my name is Brenna and I am married to an Air force man! We have been stationed at Tinker AFB for 7 years and have a 4 year old daughter. Thank you so much for creating this group!

Who is a Veteran?

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve -
            is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable
              to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including
                my life." That is an honor, and there are way too many people in this
                      country who no longer understand it. ~Author unknown

kaker104
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 8:41 PM

I'm Krystal. Mom of 1 (almost 2) boys. I'm a proud wife of an active duty Airman. He's my hero and the love of my life. 

mommapam
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Hello Ladies,

My name is Pam and I recently joined the US Army on Sept 22nd 2009. My hubby did 7 yrs in the Navy until he got medically retired on Nov. 4th 2008. Needless to say we love the military way of live. It will be an honor to protect our country and keeping this country free for my babies as well as other families is my main motivation.

Glad to meet you all :O)

navyarmy

ANGELEYES121605
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Hey all. My name is April. I am a proud Navy Veteran. I spent 6 years in the Navy as a Machinist's Mate. I met my hubby while in the Navy. We both got out and he went into the Army right away. He has 10 years in. We are stationed at West Point Military Academy in New York. I love it here for the most part lol. He is a Nurse Practitioner and loves his job. I am the owner of Miltiary Wives group here at Cafemom. Nice to meet you all!!

wvuchick430
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 9:25 PM

My name is HEather. im 23 been married for almost 4 years I have a 3.5 and 1.5 year old boys. My husband is WVANG and is currently in Iraq on his first deployment.

come home 

gennifer_varner
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 10:00 PM

HI my name is Jennifer and my hubby is in the Army he has been in for 3 years and just re-inlisted for 6 more. We are going through our first deployment . We have been married 6 years and have two children ages 5 & 3.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)