Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad dreams

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:02 AM
  • 8 Replies

Ok so Kyla will be 3 next month and this is our second deployment but first for her to actually know daddy is not home. But she keeps having dreams that at first it was bad guys got daddy and they wont let him come home and now its monsters. She wont listen to me when I say they dont have daddy. So does anyone have any suggestions on how to get her to relax a little?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mamamissy23
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Every since my husband has been gone, my 4 year old has nightmares alot, almost every night. I dont know what to do about them :(

KimmyShaw
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Oh no, that would break my heart!

Have you seen these daddy dolls? Maybe if she had one to sleep with she can feel like he is still there? Below is the link.

https://www.hugahero.com/

fairymom2316
by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 8:43 PM

I agree, get her a daddy doll or a teddy bear with the uniform. That's what helped our kids. That's heartbreaking that she keeps on having those dreams =(

Quoting KimmyShaw:

Oh no, that would break my heart!

Have you seen these daddy dolls? Maybe if she had one to sleep with she can feel like he is still there? Below is the link.

https://www.hugahero.com/

stretchswife
by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 8:51 PM

My son is 3 as well and started having horrible nightmares about 3 weeks after daddy left.  His were so bad that he was shaking all over and he couldn't or wouldn't tell me what the dreams were about.  He has a Huggee and a Daddy Bear.  I did a lot of research and have found that it is common at this age to have nightmares anyways,  I think ours may be exaggerated because of the deployments.  The only thing that helped my son was to sleep in our bed(I know, I know, he should sleep in his own bed).  He has since transitioned back to his bed for the most part, I think he ends up in my bed roughly around 3 or 4 am.  Not too horrible. Hang in there, this too shall pass.

hugs

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Just reassure her that daddy is ok, and that is ok to feel scared. Have her talk about it as much as possible so you can  talk though everything. You can also contact Militaryonesource.com and they may have some programs available for you as well.

kaker104
by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 9:32 PM

I'm sorry. I'm having the same issue w/my 2yr old. Liam keeps waking up in the middle of the night screaming. I have to go in there and scare the monsters away. Either that or give him all but a foot and a half of a queen sized bed. 

ARMYWIFEHILL
by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 9:35 PM

im not sure if its even possiable but...for my daughters 2nd bday her daddy was in korea so i went to build a bear got they have the recorable things i got one and i sent it to him (they were very understanding and gave me a list with how he should do which i mailed too!) he did his message and taped it up so it wouldnt get erased) and when i got it back i went and out it in a teddy bear at build a bear!!!!! maybe that would help?? (i did the whole uniform outfit lol)

kaker104
by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Thats what we did!

Quoting ARMYWIFEHILL:

im not sure if its even possiable but...for my daughters 2nd bday her daddy was in korea so i went to build a bear got they have the recorable things i got one and i sent it to him (they were very understanding and gave me a list with how he should do which i mailed too!) he did his message and taped it up so it wouldnt get erased) and when i got it back i went and out it in a teddy bear at build a bear!!!!! maybe that would help?? (i did the whole uniform outfit lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)