Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does your family like to do for fun?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:39 AM
  • 6 Replies

We are roller skaters.  We all LOVE to skate.  If we don't go at least once per week, the kids get crabby.  I used to be on a roller derby team and I am looking to maybe get back into it.  My husband was a referee for our team.  Our family life pretty much revolved around roller skating in our free time.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tangleballlover
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:21 AM

My kids are still itty-bitties so the fun things we do are usually having get together's with 3 families we are close friends with..and then we have 8 kids running around :)

mcquistionmom2
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:51 AM

We do a movie night on Saturdays and game night on Sundays. We go to the video store on Saturday and rent a movie and either a Wii game or X-Box game, then we go home and watch the movie (with a side of popcorn) Saturday night and then play the game on Sunday....this last weekend we watched Up and played Cars: Maternational with the kids. It was a lot of fun watching the boys crash into each other and then cracking up.....they didn't want to race, just crash! lol. When we don't rent a game we play one of their board games.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

fairymom2316
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:26 PM

I would not last roller skating! I am the biggest klutz ever!!! hahaha!

My kids are still little so we play games and watch movies most of the time =)

KimmyShaw
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Skating actually sounds fun!, but like the other poster I would bust my ars!

We like to ride bikes, my DD is still young so she sits in the carriage thing. We also love to hike and took DD for her first hikes this summer, she did pretty well.

violinjewel
by Julia on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:58 PM

In Colorado, we usually drive to the mountains, on the weekends because we both would have the day off. We would go explore as many places as possible, hike a little(can't do that too much yet with the kids being tiny still), and eat at mountain cafes and places such as that. We would do that the whole day, usually we picked Sundays to go, and then go back to work on Monday completely exhausted, but couldn't wait till the next weekend to go again:) I can't wait for this deployment to be done so we can go back, and do that again. The kids always loved seeing nature too, the animals, the water, the huge summer thunderstorms with all their noise. Its the best.

nemiller
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:13 PM

my son is still a little young to go do too much with us.  but with him, we go to the park, playwerx (indoor playground), and various other attractions around us.  my husband's family lives close so we see them at least once a week as well.

but my husband and i like to go to the driving range, boomers, movies, and hanging out with friends.

one thing that will probably being a father-son thing is motorcycles.  my husband grew up in a motorcycle family, and my son is obsessed.  i don't doubt that the second he has his driving permit, he'll want a motorcycle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)