Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you get your taxes done on-post?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:56 AM
  • 9 Replies

I haven't done it because it always looks like there are a kajillion people there every single day.  I usually do mine online with Turbotax, but I have some special tax situations this year.  I am considering getting them done for free on-post, but I don't know if it is worth the hassle.  Is it hard to get them done on-post?  Do you have to wait forever?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lcappytan05
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:06 AM

we got ours done on post last year. they take walk ins, but i made an appt. so i didn't have to sit there forever...and our appt. only took like 10 minutes, in and out..

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

myfoursonsks
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:20 AM

I will have to remember that I can make an appt. if I decide to try it.

Quoting lcappytan05:

we got ours done on post last year. they take walk ins, but i made an appt. so i didn't have to sit there forever...and our appt. only took like 10 minutes, in and out..

fairymom2316
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:59 PM

We did ours for free through H&R Block last year, not sure if we will do that again or go on-post.

nemiller
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:28 PM

no, i always do them myself with taxact online.  you can get a free version, which is just fine for us, since we don't have a lot of investments or deductions to claim.  you can also file them electronically (i can't remember which one costs money to file, but it's only like $10).  we always get our returns really quickly doing it that way.  even faster than people who file around the same time as us, but do it on base.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:14 PM

no way!!

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:37 PM

no way!! I use a certified CPA and he has 30 years experience doing taxes.

we have some complicated tax issues and I own my own business, I have never trusted places like H and R block and VITA.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:15 AM

More old posts...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)