Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are any of you readers?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM
  • 18 Replies

What types of books do you read?  What are you reading right now?

I will read almost anything.  The Dark Tower series by Stephen King is one of my favorite.  It really isn't anything like his other books. 

Right now, I am reading the Clan of the Cave Bear series.  It is wonderful and one of the best series every written.  Although, there are points where the books are too detailed and I find myself kind of skimming over those areas.  But, the detail is also what makes the books great.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Misha.
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:35 PM

I am the biggest reading dweeb ever. I read all the time!

I am reading Stephanie Laurens new Black Cobra Quartet now.

tangleballlover
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Absolute booknerd here :) My husband and I try to stay away from bookstores esp Borders..we never leave without spending at least $100. :S

I like Fantasy A LOT. I'm big on witches, vampires, lycans, faes, etc. But I also love biography/autobiographies and funny books. Sometimes inspirational.

Right now I'm reading Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind. My husband got the series of like 12 books overseas as a Secret Santa gift...after I finish it, I'm going back to Anita Blake and impatiently waiting for more Sookie to come out :)

mamamissy23
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:40 PM

I just finished reading Jane Green's Babyville and now reading another Jane Green book called Swapping lives

fairymom2316
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:27 PM

I love to read but haven't read anything in a couple of months. I like romance, mystery, and suspense.

themacs4
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:53 PM

I love to read.  I've read a bunch of Jodi Picoult.  I think she is a great author.  Janet Evanovich is good, too.  Her Stephanie Plum series are hilarious.  I like all different types of books.  True crime, biography's.  I bought Army Wives, but haven't read it yet.  If anyone has, is it good?

KimmyShaw
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:06 PM

I love to read when I have time. I usually love Dean Koontz but while my hubby is gone I switched it so I don't get scared at night LOL I am in the 7th book in the Left Behind series. It is really good but needless to say I have dreams of the world ending now LOL Cant win....

AliMarie16
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:55 PM

I love classic lit and history bios. I am currently reading Sen. Ted Kennedy's biography. I am kinda of a book nerd and magazine fanatic.  I love cooking magazines.... I always say my favorite moments are grabbing a latte and a finding a space at the book store. But, with a little one on the way I dont know how often I will be able to have my zen moments..  : )  I am headed off now to actually catch in one more..

Alissa Marienavy

nemiller
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:59 PM

right now, i'm searching for a new book.  i really like well-written series, because i often don't want to let go of a character or story i like.  i have the first book in stephen king's "dark tower" series and i'll probably read that next.  the description of the series sounded very interesting.

myfoursonsks
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I will warn you that the series starts out slow.  Stephen King does a lot of character building and things that seem to drag out at first.  Make sure you get into the 2nd book before you decide if you like it or not.

Quoting nemiller:

right now, i'm searching for a new book.  i really like well-written series, because i often don't want to let go of a character or story i like.  i have the first book in stephen king's "dark tower" series and i'll probably read that next.  the description of the series sounded very interesting.

nemiller
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:26 PM

that's what i was reading on the amazon reviews.  i'm glad that i know ahead of time, because i WILL give up on a book if i'm not sure it will eventually get moving, lol.

Quoting myfoursonsks:

I will warn you that the series starts out slow.  Stephen King does a lot of character building and things that seem to drag out at first.  Make sure you get into the 2nd book before you decide if you like it or not.

Quoting nemiller:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)