Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have any pets?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:28 PM
  • 15 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myfoursonsks
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:32 PM

No, I tend to be allergic to animals.  My youngest son has a pretty severe allergy to cats.  We have tried dogs in the past, but haven't had much luck.  The cats cause respiratory type allergies with me and my eyes will itch so bad and swell shut.  Dogs..well, I am allergic to their saliva.  So, if I try to play with them or pet them or touch their toys at all, I break out in a rash.

My husband is REALLY wanting a Puli.  I  have heard people tend to not be allergic to them, but that is the people that are allergic to the fur.  I am skeptical.

I am sure my husband and boys will talk me into a dog eventually.

nemiller
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:33 PM

no, we had a bearded dragon, but when we moved to this house we took her to my in-laws' and she's just stayed there.  now that we're leaving the country, she's essentially theirs.  not that we don't love her or anything, but it would be hard to take care of her the way she needs with a too-curious toddler and her cage having to be upstairs.  when we get back from oki, i'd like to get a dog or bunny (or both?).

kristinlimon
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:47 PM

We have a Ferret, 7 fish and 2 snails. lol The aquatic animals are mine and the Ferret is the kiddo's and hubby's. We will hopefully be getting a dog in the near future too. 

tangleballlover
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:06 PM

We had a Siberian Husky, but we had to get rid of her b/c she had issues with my son. I got her when there was no male dominant figure in the house :( I really miss her like crazy. Hopefully we'll get a puppy of some sort when we pcs and get settled. I miss having animals around.

mom2cindylouwho
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:50 PM

We have two pugs - both rescues.  The first one we got right before DH's first deployment to keep me company.  We got the second one the day DH returned from that deployment.  He figured our 1st needed a companion.  He's right - almost 7 years later & they're inseparable! They've been through 2 moves & have handled them like champs.

TippyD
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:52 PM

YES!!!! this is our great dane Scooby he is 120 lbs of knuckle head:) a very protective big borther.. it has been hard to find apartments to rent because of him,but luckily the base we are at let us have him. soo we havent had to deal with any pet fees yet.. he may or may not make it till our next move, but we are hoping to buy at that time..we shall see..

gogetem
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:40 PM

2 cats, Quigley and Giggle

4 rats:  Meow, Moo, Quack, and Ribbit

And one baby Clydesdale, Tenacity

Brandie7
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Yup, we have a Rhodesian Ridgeback. He is 2 yrs old.  

Kimora_neko
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:54 PM

we have a boxer and and black lab/aus shep.  and cats

mamamissy23
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 8:44 AM

When hubby gets back we want to get a dog. I want a small dog he wants a big dog...so I guess we will have to meet in the middle and get a med. size dog lol. He wants a german sheppard I want a teacup yorkie...What to do lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)