Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your family in it for the long haul?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:43 PM
  • 37 Replies
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamamissy23
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:45 PM

We are not lifers. We get out in 2013 and are planning on moving back to DH home state of TX. Where he will become a TX state trooper. I am excited for this move. By that time will both have our degrees. If he decides that he doesnt like the TST then we will be back as an officer but DH will switch from Navy to Airforce. I will have my RN by then so I can pretty much go anywhere.

myfoursonsks
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Yes, I think my husband intends on being a lifer.  He is 41 years old and I don't see him wanting to change careers at this point.  I think he just reenlisted for another 5 years or so.

mswo1234
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:48 PM

I would have to say so - DH will probably go til they kick him out, lol. July '09 was 20 years & counting.

kristinlimon
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:58 PM

I am pretty sure that he is. He keeps going back and forth about not but he does love his job. I cant imagine him as anything but a soldier. 

supermommie1
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:01 PM

yep.. my hubs is a sailor for life

tangleballlover
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Yup :) We decided last November that as a family we were better off military. Hubby has just passed the 3 year mark, so we have a while to go :)

Nmluna5
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:04 PM

ok first off what is DH? im totally lost! i been a military wife for 4 years n i have never heard of this DH? lol...sorry yall...im ditzy sometimes...

anyways as for us...we are def. not lifers...we recently just made this decision n it is a hard one to make let me tell you....idk how many times we have gone back n forth on this subject we have finally came to an agreement...while the military does offer some great benefits and its hard to turn away from them.my husband n i decided that family is more important than having free medical, and commissary benefits...along with other minor benefits you get. the hell you have to go through to have those things...they just arent worth it to us. 

I respect the military every branch, and i support every single troop and their families, and everyone has their own opinion, but my husband already missed our sons birth and the majority of the pregnancy and we just cant bare him to miss anymore, so when his time is up in 2011 we are out! he will become a fire fighter here in washington and i will have my degree finished by then to be a x-ray tech, and well that is just fine to us. 

rebeccasmommy09
by Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:05 PM

We are lifers. Of course, we went from active duty Air Force to active Air National Guard. No more moving every few years! :) We still have deployments to deal with but they are less frequent. 

CafeMom Tickers

LovesAsoldier
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Yes we are and when hubby retires we are moving to an island in the south pacific..going there this summer to look around!!   :) 

mamamissy23
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:06 PM
Quoting Nmluna5:

ok first off what is DH? im totally lost! i been a military wife for 4 years n i have never heard of this DH? lol...sorry yall...im ditzy sometimes...

anyways as for us...we are def. not lifers...we recently just made this decision n it is a hard one to make let me tell you....idk how many times we have gone back n forth on this subject we have finally came to an agreement...while the military does offer some great benefits and its hard to turn away from them.my husband n i decided that family is more important than having free medical, and commissary benefits...along with other minor benefits you get. the hell you have to go through to have those things...they just arent worth it to us. 

I respect the military every branch, and i support every single troop and their families, and everyone has their own opinion, but my husband already missed our sons birth and the majority of the pregnancy and we just cant bare him to miss anymore, so when his time is up in 2011 we are out! he will become a fire fighter here in washington and i will have my degree finished by then to be a x-ray tech, and well that is just fine to us. 

DH-Darling Husband...sometimes I use it as Dick head lol....but you can use it as Dear Husband too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)