Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

SAHM or Working mom

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 7:31 AM
  • 22 Replies

Poll

Question: SAHM or working mom?

Options:

SAHM

Working mom

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 57

View Results

Are you a stay at home mom or a working mom? I'm a working mom. I love spending time with my DS and could stay home with him if I wanted to but I like being around other adults especially when DH is gone.

by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myfoursonsks
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 9:51 AM

I am a SAHM, but all my kids are in school.  I want to get a job because I am so dang bored half the time.  But, at the same time, I like being right there if my kids call me from school or are sick or are home on days when there is no school.  Right now, it just seems easier to keep things running smoothly if I am at home while my husband is deployed.  I don't know if I can handle not working much longer though.

.Misha.
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 9:58 AM

I am  a SAHM, my husband doesn't want me to work. I ♥ being with our children. My husband wants me to stay home with the boys till they go off to college. Once they are in School I may get a part time job, my husband calls any money I make, my play money.

fairymom2316
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 10:34 AM

I'm a SAHM,  wish I was working!

tangleballlover
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I put other b/c I'm a SAHS - Stay at home Student. LOL

mrslizstephen
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 11:01 AM

I'm usually a working mom. I am an Elementary school teacher but since we are moving twice in 6 months to different states I chose to take this year off and be with my kiddos. Plus you usually have to sign a contract for a year not just 6 months and I wouldn't do that to a school district!

abbynzachsmommy
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 11:02 AM

I'm a SAHM. Its something my husband and I talked about before we ever got married and both agreed this is what we wanted for our family. If we ever get to the place where i HAVE to work, I will, but right now its possible for me to be a SAHM. I love it, and couldn't imagine being away from my kids all day. 

navy     Lovin my Sailor!!!

Pregnant with baby #3? join us! ~ Pregnant again!...baby#3

Want to connect with other Navy wives? Check us out! ~ Navy Wives

MommaTuneses
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Working, wishing I was WAHM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

US Army Soldier ~ US Army Wife ~ Mother of Brokk (05~21~09), US Army Brat
I don't wear my parenting style like a badge cause my son wears it as a smile.

mswo1234
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I've been a sahm coming up on 12 years in Feb.'10. Something we discussed before & after we married, that I would stay home once we started having children. But, before the children came, I worked full-time out of the home.

armycoppertop
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 1:46 PM

I am a SAHM right now, although I "work from home" since I am a business owner (I sell Avon), but I can't find a regular 9-5 job. I also just got out of the Army last summer.

nemiller
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 1:50 PM

i'm a SAHM.  once i finish school, i'm looking forward to working again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)