Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Schooling

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 5:55 PM
  • 3 Replies

What type of schooling are you choosing for your school aged child and why? Are you sending them to public school, private school, the school on post or are you home schooling?

by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
fairymom2316
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:46 AM

My daughter started Preschool this year, she goes to a  public school. I love it though, it is such a great school!! They teach her French and she's only in Pre-K!

Mi_Chelly
by Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:12 AM

When we were in Alaska, the kids went to DoDDs. When we moved to NC, they attended Public. Now that we are in Germany, they are back in DoDDes. Depending on where we go next will depend on the school.

My oldest will be in High School next year, so he will attend public. If our next base has elementary and middle on base, they will attend that. If not, then the middle two will attend public and the youngest will probably be enrolled in an Autism Center. One of those, we will have to wait and see.

butterflyblu
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:53 PM

I plan on sending my kids to public.  I just hope we move before my oldest son starts kindergarten because the school district here sucks!  We'll move off post if we need to to get in a better district.  There are elementary schools on post here but it's run by the crappy school district.  I don't mind sending him to pre-school here but not elementary school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)