Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fort Carson!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:33 AM
  • 10 Replies

My family and I are PCSing to Carson in April and I would like to know if any of u live there or have lived there? Can anyone give me information about the area, housing, activitities, the job market in the area, and even malls lol? 

Thank you.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fairymom2316
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:37 AM

We haven't lived there but my neighbors said it was their favorite duty station! They said the units were great and very family oriented =) They are in Ft.Hood with us right now and they want to move back, LOL

J.A.Mommy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Thanks for the input. We live in Fort Hood right now and I am dying to leave! lol 

fairymom2316
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:56 AM

I want to leave too! For some reason, I feel like they are going to keep us here for a long time,LOL How long have you been here?

Quoting J.A.Mommy:

Thanks for the input. We live in Fort Hood right now and I am dying to leave! lol 

J.A.Mommy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Girlfriend I got here December 05. I'm ready to go.

Quoting fairymom2316:

I want to leave too! For some reason, I feel like they are going to keep us here for a long time,LOL How long have you been here?

Quoting J.A.Mommy:

mom2cindylouwho
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Carson was my first duty station with DH and LOOOOOVED it!  It's been 3 years since our good 'ol Carson days so things may have changed ...

The base is nice - right at the base of the Rockies.  Carson's commissary has a bit to be desired, but Peterson AFB is in the Springs as well.  We found ourselves going there more often. LOL! 
I'm not sure of housing since we bought a house in the Widefield area while there.  There are A LOT of houses, apartments, townhouses for sale/rent right outside the gate in the Security/Widefield area.  Most of them have been built w/in the last 5 years (there was a huge housing boom before we left & the market went to crap). 
Not sure of schooling since DD was born 3 months before we left. 
Malls ??? there are TWO!  One on each side of the city.  The Springs is big, so it could take a good 30 min to get to the Mall in the northern side.  There is sooooo much to do there. 

There may be wives living there with more info, but PM me if you have any questions.

violinjewel
by Julia on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:39 AM

I love Colorado. Though my husband is only National Guard, and we aren't based at Ft. Carson, his unit is in Pueblo, which is about 30 min south of Ft. Carson. We were actually living up in Denver. There is so much to see and do there. The mountains are beautiful, there is a lot in the Colorado Springs area for shopping, I've been to two malls in the that area with my friends from Pueblo, plus they have Walmarts and Targets. There are a lot of places to eat and visit. I hope you enjoy your time there. I don't know about the job market in the Springs, sorry I couldn't give more information on that.

fairymom2316
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:07 PM

I would be ready to go too!!! haha!

Quoting J.A.Mommy:

Girlfriend I got here December 05. I'm ready to go.

Quoting fairymom2316:

Quoting J.A.Mommy:

J.A.Mommy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Thank u so much for all the information u have given me. I really appreciate it.

Quoting mom2cindylouwho:

Carson was my first duty station with DH and LOOOOOVED it!  It's been 3 years since our good 'ol Carson days so things may have changed ...

The base is nice - right at the base of the Rockies.  Carson's commissary has a bit to be desired, but Peterson AFB is in the Springs as well.  We found ourselves going there more often. LOL! 
I'm not sure of housing since we bought a house in the Widefield area while there.  There are A LOT of houses, apartments, townhouses for sale/rent right outside the gate in the Security/Widefield area.  Most of them have been built w/in the last 5 years (there was a huge housing boom before we left & the market went to crap). 
Not sure of schooling since DD was born 3 months before we left. 
Malls ??? there are TWO!  One on each side of the city.  The Springs is big, so it could take a good 30 min to get to the Mall in the northern side.  There is sooooo much to do there. 

There may be wives living there with more info, but PM me if you have any questions.

J.A.Mommy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Thank you for responding. i'm getting more excited to move with each response I get.

Quoting violinjewel:

I love Colorado. Though my husband is only National Guard, and we aren't based at Ft. Carson, his unit is in Pueblo, which is about 30 min south of Ft. Carson. We were actually living up in Denver. There is so much to see and do there. The mountains are beautiful, there is a lot in the Colorado Springs area for shopping, I've been to two malls in the that area with my friends from Pueblo, plus they have Walmarts and Targets. There are a lot of places to eat and visit. I hope you enjoy your time there. I don't know about the job market in the Springs, sorry I couldn't give more information on that.

J.A.Mommy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:09 PM

bump 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)