Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

inappropriate?..or is it just me?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:21 PM
  • 11 Replies

I have a friend who's husband is the same rank as mine, E-5.  And this friend is always inviting the colonel's wife to her house, which really isn't so bad because they're both just spouses.  But my friend also likes to bring the colonel himself plates of cookies and start up conversations with him while visiting her DH at work.  It might just be that since I've been a military dependent since birth (and prior enlisted) that I find it a bit inappropriate.  What do you think?

And no, I don't plan on saying anything to her, but I am really curious about this.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aSoldierSWifE44
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Maybe shes just being friendly bc he is the big wig. People tend to treat people like that with more "respect" then the other guys. 

Or maybe she likes him, who knows.

I wouldn't let it bother you. Its not hurting anyone but her own marriage if she likes him.

kaker104
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Obviously the wives are friends. She probably sees it only as giving her friend's dh cookies. I do it all the time. I want to bake, but have no one to give them to.  

fairymom2316
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:25 PM

I personally wouldn't do that, but maybe they hang out sometimes so she probably knows him??

BlueCollarMama
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Seems odd that she's just taking him cookies, but hey who knows.

Polly
Proud Army Wife and Mother of 5!

mcquistionmom2
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Speaking of baking for Dh's mine wants me to get your no bake cookie recipe.....he misses your baking! lol.

Quoting kaker104:

Obviously the wives are friends. She probably sees it only as giving her friend's dh cookies. I do it all the time. I want to bake, but have no one to give them to.  

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

lovemymarine306
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:31 PM

she's not friends with the wife...she just invites her over a lot.  the colonels wife has only accepted one invitation so far, and that was just for a group exercise thing.  i'm not personally bothered by it, but i feel bad for her husband.  he's told me that he's a bit humiliated but doesn't want to say anything to his wife.

Quoting kaker104:

kaker104
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Thats hilarious. Bc I thought of him when I typed that. Lmao. Txt me your address again and here in few days when i do some baking, I'll send you some pumpkin bread (if I ever get the damn thing cut up and boiled Lol), no bake cookies, and my chocolate chip w/e cookies. I'll also send you the recipe for no bake cookies.

Quoting mcquistionmom2:

Speaking of baking for Dh's mine wants me to get your no bake cookie recipe.....he misses your baking! lol.

Quoting kaker104:

kaker104
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Oh, yeah. Then thats kinda weird. Hubby would have told me to stop.

Quoting lovemymarine306:

she's not friends with the wife...she just invites her over a lot.  the colonels wife has only accepted one invitation so far, and that was just for a group exercise thing.  i'm not personally bothered by it, but i feel bad for her husband.  he's told me that he's a bit humiliated but doesn't want to say anything to his wife.

Quoting kaker104:

tangleballlover
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:55 PM

That's borderline stalker. LOL.

I don't ever really talk to anyone high up there like that. And all the officers' wives here in my hubby's unit are bitches. I don't want to associate myself with them. Their husbands are nice but not them. UGH.

~CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEWEST MILITARY MOM GROUP ON CAFEMOM~

fairymom2316
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:09 PM

Yea, that is weird if the husband doesn't even talk to Colonel like that and she does! LOL

Quoting kaker104:

Oh, yeah. Then thats kinda weird. Hubby would have told me to stop.

Quoting lovemymarine306:

Quoting kaker104:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)