Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think about the movie "Brothers?"

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:36 PM
  • 10 Replies

I really do not like this movie because I feel it gives military families a bad wrap. The women looses her husband and then sleeps with her husbands brother? I feel like the time period of when she finds out her husband is dead to sleeping with her husbands brother is VERY short. I just could not do that to my husband! I don't know, I wanted to get some other input from other military wives. Are you all going to see this movie?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abelsc
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:57 PM

On the website, it states that when they find out  he is missing his brother tries to take the role of being the provider and him and the wife are drawn to each other and ashamed and scared of what is happening.  I plan on seeing it with DH.  Maybe it's because we are both Marines or it could be the fact that it looks like a good movie.  Hollywood has forever been making films that make the military look crazy or bad and completely opposite of what it is. Look at the movie the Marine or whatever it was.  Come on now, get real. And you say you wouldn't do it to your husband, but we all know there are wives out there that do.    It's a good story line that has potential to be a good movie.  Go see it before making opinions about it.

Tuckie
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Maybe that is where I have a problem with it... I hate how hollywood portrays the military. Like the movie Pearl Harbor... the girl waited 3 months before hooking up with her boyfriends best friend. I probably won't see it but let me know what you think...  

CafeMom Tickers
Amanda_Leigh
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:39 PM

I have no desire to see it at all. Its unfortunate when stuff like that happens. I don't like hearing about it, much less watching a movie about it.

CafeMom Tickers
BlueCollarMama
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 10:11 AM

DH says from the previews it looks to him like they're once again stereotyping combat vets and combat MOS's, but I think everyone in the world knows that Hollywood has no idea what they're talking about LOL.

Polly
Proud Army Wife and Mother of 5!

Navymama
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Agreed.

Quoting Amanda_Leigh:

I have no desire to see it at all. Its unfortunate when stuff like that happens. I don't like hearing about it, much less watching a movie about it.

kaker104
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 11:16 AM

I don't know if I'll watch it. I made the mistake of watching Stoploss and spent most of the movie wanting to slap Ryan Phillipe for being a whiney bitch.

mrs.will
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 11:24 AM

I BUGS ME CAUSE IT MAKES US WIVES LOOK LIKE WE ARE SO DEPENDENT ON A MAN. LIKE WHY COULDNT HER HUSBNAD BE LOST AT WAR OR CAPTURED WHATEVER HAPPENED TO HIM AND THEN SHOW A MOM BEING STRONG AND GETTING  HER FAMILY THROUGH IT WITHOUT HAVING TO TURN TO ANOTHER MAN TO BE HER ROCK. WHY CANT I BE MY OWN DAMN ROCK. LOL.

BUT IT DOES HAPPEN I HAD A FRIEND WHOS HUSBAND DEPLOYED AND HE HAD HIS BEST FRIEND STAY AT THE HOUSE FOR A FEW MONTHS SINCE HE WAS DEPLOYING JUST A FEW MONTHS AFTER HIM TO "LOOK AFTER" HIS FAMILY. YEP NOTHING SEXUAL HAPPENED BUT THEY BOTH CAUGHT FEELINGS. I TOLD THEM IT WAS A BAD IDEA TO EVEN LET HIM STAY THERE. WOULD NEVER HAPPEN IN MY HOUSE THATS FOR SURE.

fairymom2316
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 3:36 PM

I haven't see in yet but it reminds me of another one that's coming out, "The Messenger." In that one, her husband dies and I think she ends up falling in love with the guy who told her that her husband was KIA. It's kinda weird because you know that her husband was just killed and she ends up kissing this other guy. Haven't seen the movie so I don't know the whole story but it looks like that from the previews.

BlueCollarMama
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 6:31 AM

Quoting kaker104:

I don't know if I'll watch it. I made the mistake of watching Stoploss and spent most of the movie wanting to slap Ryan Phillipe for being a whiney bitch.

We made it to the point where Channing Tatum was digging a ranger grave in his girl's front yard and cut it off, somethings just hit too close to home in that scene.

Polly
Proud Army Wife and Mother of 5!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)