Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for officer's wives

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:37 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hello ladies,

My dh is in the Army's green to gold ROTC (Active duty option) program, and we recently found out that he will be in the Quarter Master branch of the Army. I believe it has to do with logistics and supply. My question is, what should I expect after he commissions? I was in the army myself a few years ago,  but as enlisted. I'm not really sure what the officer side of things will be like, and I really don't know what to expect from the quarter master branch, seeing as I've only ever dealt with medical officers. If anyone can tell me what its going to be like, or what it was like for you, please do.

Thanks. :D

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
milana_1229
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:27 AM

hi i am  a soon to be officer's wife (hubby prior enlisted) pm  there is some info i can give you

mom2cindylouwho
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 10:21 AM

I'm the wife to a newly commissioned officer (aviation).  DH was prior enlisted, but a Senior NCO (E-8), so it's not much different.  I will tell you just from my experience here it is actually a bit more difficult.  I'm not AT ALL into the "politics" between a lot (not all) of officers' wives, so it can be a bit more isolating.  I believe it was my husband who earned the rank, not me, so I'm just like every other Army wife - from private to General.  We go through the same/similar experiences.
Soooo, though it changes for your DH, nothing really changes for you.  Just carry yourself well, but not like your better than anyone else and it'll all be good :o)

Amanda_Leigh
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Thanks ladies,

I am a little worried about the politics side of things... but you deal with that as an enlisted wife too. I have never been the type to wear my husbands rank, and I hope I never become one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)