Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Aww the Holidays, who else

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 11:16 PM
  • 20 Replies

is starting to feel the blues knocking on the door because their other half isn't here this year?  I have gone through this before, but it seemed to be alot easier last time.  Thanksgiving is a few days away and I soooooooo don't want to have to deal with it.  :-)  It just seem like I miss him all the more during family events.   On the plus side, there is always good food at our Thanksgiving, mmmmmmmmmmm......

by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaker104
by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 11:18 PM

I would, but right now, I don't even like my other half. 

stretchswife
by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Quoting kaker104:

I would, but right now, I don't even like my other half. 

What on earth did he do?    Was it that bad or are pregnancy hormones playing a part?  Do you need to talk about it? 

hugs

dsptchmommy
by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 11:48 PM

I'm in the same boat.

MommaSpry
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 12:20 AM

I agree... I'm so not looking forward to the holidays, and to make it worse ALL my family live way up in minnesota so it's just my dd and i for the holidays, too expensive to go across country right now :*(

armyProud Army Wife and Mommygirl giving flower

violinjewel
by Julia on Nov. 24, 2009 at 12:22 AM

Feeling this way because mine is not here this year too, plus yesterday someone shattered the driver side window to my truck, and we really don't have the funds to replace it right now; its also my only transportation for my kids and me. That made me even more depressed yesterday. Here its suppose to be Thanksgiving this week, which I'm usually super excited about, and I just want to cry.

dsptchmommy
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Quoting violinjewel:

Feeling this way because mine is not here this year too, plus yesterday someone shattered the driver side window to my truck, and we really don't have the funds to replace it right now; its also my only transportation for my kids and me. That made me even more depressed yesterday. Here its suppose to be Thanksgiving this week, which I'm usually super excited about, and I just want to cry.

I'm so sorry hun. I know how much something like that can bring you down. I'm here for you. :)

violinjewel
by Julia on Nov. 24, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Quoting dsptchmommy:

Quoting violinjewel:

I'm so sorry hun. I know how much something like that can bring you down. I'm here for you. :)

ShellyBlueStars
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 1:41 AM

Normally, Thanksgiving is a day my dh is gone anyway.  Last year was tolerable because he was home.  But the eldest son was gone.  He was in AIT and Georgia is a long way from Washington.  This year will be the worst on record.  Absolutely no family but my two kids.  No one from the unit to come over and share this huge turkey, either.  I have invited a few to come over, but one's heading home and the other I just met so I understand if she doesn't want to come over.  But it's gonna be very lonely.  I just hope both my soldiers can get on the internet and use a webcam.  My dh doesn't have his own computer.  Long story.  My eldest has his own laptop but it's hard when there's 9 hours time difference.  So this will be very difficult for me.  Christmas is going to be even harder since we're always together for Christmas.  First one to be separated since our second and the eldest's first.  He was too young to care, but I remember being separated a week before Christmas and having to spend it with my grandma.  My dh had been transferred to Germany and it was 5 months before we joined him.  So even though my dh drove a truck after getting out, he was always home for Christmas.  Even if he was racing Santa through the door! :)  May everyone have a blessed holiday and please remember it may be difficult for us to be separated but there are many of our sisters who have lost their loved one and they won't ever spend another Christmas or Thanksgiving with them again.  That's what I'm thankful for this year.  That my soldiers are going to make it home again.  I just keep praying Psalms 91 over them. 

kuhlmanmom
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 1:50 AM

Was he gone last deployment during the holidays?? Hang in there, enjoy your family the best you can!! I'm here for you!!

lady_satin
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 2:11 AM

its definitely depressing this year for us. It's my oldest son's second christmas. he's 19 months. it's our newest son's first christmas. he's only 2 months old. we have no family here and I know two people. it sucks. my family has paid for us to fly to MO for the Xmas, but its just not the same.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)