Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does This Mean They Are Going To Deploy?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:12 AM
  • 4 Replies

My DH's 1st Sgt had a meeting the other day (they do this every few months with the FRG) and everyone has to attend.

At the meeting he was talking about leave and stuff and said something about block leave.

He said that no one can be on leave past January 3rd. DH told me that some of the people who's leave went past that day got denied for leave.

His 1st Sgt said that they aren't deploying yet but they would let us know when...

but I think something is up because of the leave situation. DH also thinks they might be deploying sometime shortly after that....

thoughts anyone?

DH went on a mission back in July but he hasn't been deployed  yet...so this is all kind of new to me....they did go somewhere (I can't say where) in the middle east when he went on the mission though.

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
armycoppertop
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:20 AM

No, it is fairly standard at least in the Army that units will have Christmas holiday block leave starting when the 1/2 day schedules start (which would be the 21st at most places), and everyone has to be back right after New Year's. The Army (and I am fairly certain all branches have the same basic policy) is required to have NO MORE than 10% of the unit gone for any reason, it must have 90% of it's personnel available and ready to deploy at all times, block leave is the one exception where they can play with that 10% rule, but after the holidays, it gets harder to justify exceptions.

lcappytan05
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:04 AM

okay...I will have to explain that to my DH then. Thanks for clearing that up.

I remember back in May (right before they were getting ready to leave for their mission in July), EVERYONE was going on leave. We were going home for 3wks and we needed someone to watch our dog. We couldnt find anyone to watch her because everyone was going home....but then we found someone last minute who was staying behind...

Quoting armycoppertop:

No, it is fairly standard at least in the Army that units will have Christmas holiday block leave starting when the 1/2 day schedules start (which would be the 21st at most places), and everyone has to be back right after New Year's. The Army (and I am fairly certain all branches have the same basic policy) is required to have NO MORE than 10% of the unit gone for any reason, it must have 90% of it's personnel available and ready to deploy at all times, block leave is the one exception where they can play with that 10% rule, but after the holidays, it gets harder to justify exceptions.

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

sunshine86912
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:07 AM

eh maybe..but if they said they are going to tell you before they deploy..i wouldnt worry about it..hes home now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)