Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shame on you Berkeley Ca!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:43 PM
  • 3 Replies

Marine_attack

The enemies among us.

MARINES ATTACKED IN BERKELEY, CA

City Calls Marines “Unwelcome Intruders”

SAN FRANCISCOThe City of Berkeley, California has passed two resolutions attacking the United States Marine Corps, calling the Marines, “uninvited and unwelcome intruders in the city.”

The Berkeley City Council voted to condemn the Marines on Tuesday night (January 29th) as part of a campaign by anti-war activists to shut down a U.S. Marine Recruiting Center located in the city of Berkeley.

The votes by the Berkeley City Council were immediately condemned by Move America Forward (website: www.MoveAmericaForward.org), the nation’s largest grassroots pro-troop organization.

“It is disgraceful that in the birthplace of the Free Speech Movement, anti-military activists would attempt to silence the same military men and women who serve this country and give their lives to protect the free speech rights of all Americans, including these ungrateful and despicable people on the Berkeley City Council,” said Melanie Morgan, Chairman of Move America Forward.

The actions by the Berkeley City Council followed continuous protests by Code Pink and other anti-military organizations that vandalized and defaced the U.S. Marine Recruiting Center in September 2007.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
surfarosa25
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:52 PM

bad

It doesn't surprise me at all that this is happening in California...

Alaina623
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Do they not realize what they are saying? The men and woment aht FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT for free speak in this country, the very right they are using, shouldn't be able to use that right..... yeah go some where like Iraq so my husband can stay home.

Alaina

A proud wife to a SrA, mommy to a special needs boy, a bratty drama queen and #3 is on the way is another presious girl!

babies

violinjewel
by Julia on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:09 PM

I was going to say the same. I'm temporarily in CA, and at least where I'm at, people are not very military friendly, unfortunately.

Quoting surfarosa25:

bad

It doesn't surprise me at all that this is happening in California...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)