Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear Mr. President

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:32 PM
  • 46 Replies

Is it so wrong of me to be upset with the man who sends away our husbands, wives, sons, daughters, and other family to a country to fight for God knows what? My husband knew what he was signing up for when he joined the Army, and I knew deployment would happen when I married him. And regardless what happens, I am supportive of my husband 100%. But why send more troops to a place we aren't welcome? Political gain? Because if that's the case, I can't say I agree.

Why doesn't Obama trade in his fancy suits for a pair of acus, give up his shiny new shoes for a pair of combat boot, retire his ipod for a weapon instead?

My thoughts are scattered only because I'm pissed off. And if I'm wrong for being upset, feel free to let me have it.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama2lilGarrett
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I get upset about it too, but my husband is in Afhghanistan right now and we have lost almost an entire platoon and more than 20 men since Aug. All of them men are saying we need to send more troops, that they are REALLY needing the help.. but I would do anything for my husband to be home thats for sure!

Alaina623
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I have to say that I agree with you.... I think he needs to really get a grasp of what is going on over there and evaluate if we should be there. It bothers me that many many Veterans that I have spoken with are against this war and how it has become a politcal play ground.

Alaina

A proud wife to a SrA, mommy to a special needs boy, a bratty drama queen and #3 is on the way is another presious girl!

babies

mommahartwell
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:38 PM

But instead of sending more soldiers and putting them in harms way, bring everyone home. If it's a just cause, what are we fighting for? We are already in a recession, so instead of putting money into a war with no cause and no end, put it back into ourselves. My hubby got orders to Afghanistan, and all I can think about is what could happen. I don't let him know that, but it worries me. I want him there for our son, who isn't even born yet!

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:39 PM

*not touching this with a 10 foot poll......*

Mama2lilGarrett
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Its a war, you have to think logical about it. Ya sure we could pull out now and come home, but then what? In a couple years those angry with us are going to be able to build up their power and attack us again and then where are we? Not saying I believe we should be over there, but it is what it is and we need to finish the job before we come home. Even if we pulled out now, they would still have to send in more troops for the rotation to send others home, so either way people would still be getting deployed for several more years.

Quoting mommahartwell:

But instead of sending more soldiers and putting them in harms way, bring everyone home. If it's a just cause, what are we fighting for? We are already in a recession, so instead of putting money into a war with no cause and no end, put it back into ourselves. My hubby got orders to Afghanistan, and all I can think about is what could happen. I don't let him know that, but it worries me. I want him there for our son, who isn't even born yet!

twinmamaof3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:45 PM

I am worried that my husband is going to have to go.  (he is fenced in with no work on orders)  I understand the military but I dont have to like it!

NICK3LR3Y
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Obama isn't the one that started sending them overseas. That would be Bush. I'm sure we all want this all to be over and done but the truth is its too far gone for us to just pull troops out. It would cause more problems if anything. And we all have Bush to thank. If anything Obama wants to pull troops. It's just a crazy situation we're in and it's going to take time for the mess to be somewhat handled enough to even think of pulling out. But thats just my opinion. I totally understand being worried about what could happen to our loved ones out there. My husbands deploying soon. You just gotta kind of understand that this is what they signed up for. But this is just my opinion

mommahartwell
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:53 PM

I realize we can't just put everyone on a plane and send them home in the snap of a finger. But sending 30,000 more troops? Like I said, I was venting. I'm not comfortable with putting so many people in harms way. Yes, Bush was the one who started this, but Obama is sending even more people. Ugh, I don't know. I'm just pissed. I just don't want anymore children growing up without their parents.

tangleballlover
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:57 PM

I don't think there is any where we will go where someone will be happy that we are in their country, but we have to finish what we started, so pulling troops out isn't gonna help. It doesn't come to a surprise that more are going to Afghanistan though, and McCain would've done the same thing. *shrugs* I knew it was coming, so I guess I was prepared for an "announcement." Even though I didn't watch it.

~CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEWEST MILITARY MOM GROUP ON CAFEMOM~

.Misha.
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:49 PM

So you don't think we should fight back against the people who brought on 9/11? What aren't you are real winner. I say burn them all down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)