Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hurt

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:41 PM
  • 53 Replies

I told my husband yesterday that I want a divorce. We separated in 2007 and got back together last summer. I've been sick for a couple days with what I thought was a severe bladder infection. Come to find out I have a bladder infection as well as a few other things. I'm so pissed. My husband did some things that could ruin his career if the wrong people find out. He never told me any of this until I confronted him yesterday. I feel so sick and can't even stand to look at him. I'm not speaking to him and he's been begging me to work things out. He keeps saying he'll so whatever it takes to keep me and my son but I don't know....

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunshine86912
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:16 PM

oh wow, im sorry that really stinks.  I hope things start looking up for you once you get him out of your life! 

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:41 PM

OMG that is terrible! You don't deserve to be treated that way. If it were me, I would stick it to him and ruin his career. Were his indiscretions military also? If so, I would stick it them, too. No mercy.

AnnieJoyous
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:44 PM

adultry in the miltary puts the solider in prision and you get everything. if that's it, no wonder he's begging. i would stick it to him. trust in this is like almost never regained.

sorry.

tangleballlover
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:55 PM

My husband said that he has something like an STD, he has to be treated through an army facility and then whoever he got it from will too, he might be caught without you having to say a word. Honestly, I would rat his ass out, but I'm incredibly unforgiving and vengeful. And I also am bitter about things. If my husband ever did that shit, I'd be on the phone with his commander. But again, that's just me, not you. You have to do what's best for you and your son. I wish you the best of luck and I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this. I hope you stick around. I'm sure that the Team wouldn't kick you out and all of us can give you support if you want and need it. Hang in there!

~CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEWEST MILITARY MOM GROUP ON CAFEMOM~

lilklink83
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I know exactly how you feel.  Something similar happened to me too.  Only I was the military and my EX was my dependant at the time.  I was really sick and come to find out my ex gave me nice little welcome home present when I got back from my deployment to the desert.  Honestly I wasn't to hurt feelings wise because I didn't really love the guy, but it did still leave an insecurity in me.  It sucks when your ready to move on and you have to tell someone you had an STD because people always think you are dirty but when in fact your a victim.  My husband now is a wonderful man who excepted me anyways and understood.  We now have 2 beautiful kids, but I always wonder if he is gonna cheat on me too.  I figured hell if my loser ex could do it than why wouldn't this one, but that is just the insecurity my ex left me with that I will have to battle for the rest of my life probably.  The way I look at it your hubby didn't just hurt you emotionally he hurt you physically too.  If you hadn't caught the STD it could have really messed you up, or like in my case its something I will have to deal with for the rest of my life.  If you want to talk more you can message me any time.

nemiller
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:15 PM

i'm so sorry mama.  i don't even know how you haven't tried to maim him.  if my husband gave me anything, he would be out on his ass so fast, he wouldn't know what hit him.  but you have to make your choices based on your situation.  best of luck whatever you choose to do.

CMcDougal
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:30 PM

I agree!

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

OMG that is terrible! You don't deserve to be treated that way. If it were me, I would stick it to him and ruin his career. Were his indiscretions military also? If so, I would stick it them, too. No mercy.

Seans_mommy123
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 7:33 AM

Yes the person he slept with was Army chick he met while they were DEPLOYED. He has no contact with her as far as I know. I don't want to ruin his career especially since he was just selected for Warrant Officer and doing that will only hurt our son. I know just walking away with our son is what will hurt him most. I love my DH but the fact that he couldn't tell me he slept with someone while we were separated has really hurt things and I don't know that they can be repaired.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

rotPferd
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 11:26 AM

It is real easy to be vengeful and want to hurt back the way you've been hurt, but you do have to consider the kids. You have to sit down and really think about what you want and what you think is best for all involved. A relationship can come back and be even better than before with time and effort. Trust me as one who has cheated and been cheated on and still with the same man for 24 yrs. If both parties really love each other and work it out, it can be done. Not saying there won't be times where you want to just walk away, but you have to go thru the pain to get to the good.

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

Yes the person he slept with was Army chick he met while they were DEPLOYED. He has no contact with her as far as I know. I don't want to ruin his career especially since he was just selected for Warrant Officer and doing that will only hurt our son. I know just walking away with our son is what will hurt him most. I love my DH but the fact that he couldn't tell me he slept with someone while we were separated has really hurt things and I don't know that they can be repaired.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

"You won, alright? You came in and you killed them and you took their land. That's what conquering nations do. That's what Ceasar did. He's not going around saying 'I came, I conquered, I felt really bad about it'. The history of the world is not about making friends. You had better weapons and you massacred them. End of story."  Spike

fairymom2316
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 11:27 AM

I'm so sorry hun you are going through this!

simple frown

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)