Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this how it always goes when they are deployed?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:18 PM
  • 18 Replies

does everything always wait to happen when they leave for deployment? it sure seems that way. we are about 1/2 way through his first deployment (which is 4 months) and just since he has been gone-andy and i both got sick, my brother got orders (army), my gma died, and now i have 3 cysts on my ovaries and one of them busted on sat. i have a follow-up at the dr on thurs. and who knows what they are going to tell me. im a little freaked out. i have had cysts every month for the past 6 months but i only get one a month and i am never called back for a followup. i guess im just venting. andy is driving me insane today! he has had constant tantrums ALL DAY! if he has one more tantrum i really think i may pull my hair out! sry for all the complaining. lol. its been one of those days.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orange4agua72
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:24 PM

My hubby's last deployment was only 3 weeks long.... and during just that amount of time I can't even tell you how much CRAP happened! For example my daughters father call CPS on my hubby saying he beat them (but oh wait he was in another country)..... and that's just one of MANY things! I'm sorry mama! I know how you feel! It'll be over soon enough!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

lady_chamele0n
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:29 PM

New here but I feel your pain and YES it really is how it goes I thanked god many a time that I had a neighbor I could bribe with apple pie to fix stuff for me while he was gone it's a running joke for us now but at the time it was a lifesaver! My hubs truck was stolen 2 weeks before he came home that was not a conversation I ever wish on someone at the tail end of 15 months that after risking life and limb constantly some teenage punk steals our truck because I let our son play with the keys and forgot to make sure to relock it before going to bed!

Mama2lilGarrett
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Man I know how you feel! I have had bad pains in my sides and they don't know why. My son has been in and out of the hospital with roseola, he had to go for more blood testing today for lead and allergies.. he is constantly sick. My grandfather was diagnosed with hardening arteries of the brain, his has heart surgery.. his dad is going thru a huge relationship mess (its ending and not pretty).. My toilet broke, had a mouse, and was sick all in one day. One thing after another! Just keep telling myself 7 more months!

Baby4us09
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:40 PM

OH YES!  My husband has been gone since Feb and has another 9 to go!  My toilets have overflowed twice, everylight in the house decided to burn out within hrs, lost my babysitter , got told i was deploying for 30 days, have no one to watch the kids and I have crazy neighbors!!!  That is a story within itself!  OH and i have a woman that I don't like anymore asking when MY HUSBAND is coming home cause her daughter misses him! what kind of BS is that I DONT CARE! 

Ok I think Im done now. sorry.

surfarosa25
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:47 PM

My husband has been gone for almost 4 months and this is our first deployment too. We have had our fair share of disasters since my husband left but we've made it through and so will you. Just remember everyday is a new day and things will get better.

Big hugs to you and I hope you feel better soon!

Merry CHRISTmas!       Jesus_is_the_reason.jpg Jesus is the Reason for the Season image by debeverage 

MNBlythe
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:52 PM

NEVER FAIL! My husband has been on four deployments now and EVERY time, crap hits the fan! Every military spouse should TRY to be prepared for the worst but always hope for the best. All of my non-military spouse friends and family members are shocked when they find out I can fix a toilet, edge a lawn, sweep for spider webs outside and not squeal to death when a black widow climbs up my broom handle, fix leaky faucets, and they are usually amazed at the fact that I don't committ myself to an asylum when my dog needs emergency veterinary treatment and our pay gets jacked up.

Personally, I think God is testing us, to make sure we're worthy of guarding his Marines, Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors and Coasties.

SThompson21
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:54 PM

vent away lol. i gotta give you ladies props that do this all the time or for long periods of time-i dont know how you do it. i really feel like im going to go crazy. oh i just gave you a taste of whats been going on. lol. on top of all that-my mom got diagnosed with huntingtons disease today and my dad pulled his back out (possibly fractured it) on fri. by picking up my son. lol he only weighs 30 pounds. i feel bad. its just been crazy and im ready for it to be over. i miss him so much. andy misses his daddy. we sleep with his bdu jacket. normally im the one that snuggles with it and last night andy decided that he wanted to...so i waited until he was asleep and took it. lol i know bad mom but i couldnt get to sleep without it. our son turned 3 on sun, and we made a video for my husband. the end of the video i was trying so hard not to cry...i succeeded but as soon as the video was over i was crying like a baby. i guess i should quit complaining and be thankful but today was a bad day and i dont want to   *pouting*  lol  ;)

shelly312007
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Ladies  I fell your pain.  it seems like everytime my DH was gone I had to go to a wedding by myself and be unhappy and not having fun.  Or a family member died. LIke my two grandma's and my dad who just past away.  We got my DH home 16 hours before my dad died.  He was coming home any ways but got back three weeks before he was to be home.  He was in Kwaiti and was to stay there until everyone left.  but the commander knew about my dad and sent him home. 

While my DH was gone in 2004 our son got RSV at a month 1/2 old and ended up in the hospital and in PICU.  Then in 2005 our youngest daughter  was born and he left to go to Hundarus.  When she was 4 months old she had to have surgary on her head. I also hand carpoltunel surgary.  2007 before he got home I had a full hystorcatamy because of phybrodes.  He left again;2008  I fell and chipped a tooth and then fell again and broke my right hand little finger.

So ladies I can't really say it gets better.

MomNtheRes
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:41 PM

WOW I'm a month in my first deployment and now REALLY SCARED, lol (j/k) But I have ALOT of stuff to accomplish before he gets back (Moving twice, giving birth, another semester of school, to name a few) so I'm REALLY hoping this deployment is "uneventful."

Join us! An active group for Mom's who are, or have been through, a deployment to support one another so we can stay Deployment Strong!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/DeploymentStrong

come home               in love

nemiller
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:13 PM

it sure does feel that way sometimes.  sorry you're having such a hard time.  i hope you don't get bad news when you go to the doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)