Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30,000 More troops....

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:31 PM
  • 19 Replies

Well, looks like many of us/our husbands will be heading to Afghanistan soon. This BLOWS. Lets hope what he says about getting troops out of Afghan actually happens....

Join us! An active group for Mom's who are, or have been through, a deployment to support one another so we can stay Deployment Strong!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/DeploymentStrong

come home               in love

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tangleballlover
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:35 PM

I'm really confused...why is this new news? I was under the impression before my husband deployed in summer 2008 that they were trying to get more troops to Afghanistan. I don't watch news AT ALL, I keep out of it, but even I knew it would happen. It's been talked about for more than a year, I know it has. I hope this doesn't come off as rude, I really am just confused as to why it's such a big deal, ya know? Because to me,  it's old news. :)

~CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEWEST MILITARY MOM GROUP ON CAFEMOM~

MomNtheRes
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:45 PM

I don't pay attn to the news at all, I knew something was going on where they were discussing the possibility, possibility and reality are two different things! I Know there is a possibility that my husbands orders could be extended an extra 6 months, but if it HAPPENS...uuugh, not even going to go down that road till it comes. Not saying its a surprise, really, it just blows. 

Why can't we just all get along, LOL. Then we wouldn't need a war :(

Join us! An active group for Mom's who are, or have been through, a deployment to support one another so we can stay Deployment Strong!

cheffiecms
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:47 PM

My husband was deployed in june to iraq and just last month his unit got reassigned to afghan, they are definitely sending them there now. 

meka1984
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:52 PM

My SO will be deploying in July, this will be his 1st ever deployment, a little sad, but knew it was going to happen eventually. Showing him all the love and support right now.

skisbufly1
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:54 PM

I agree, My DH gets out in June of 2010 were just waiting to hear if he is getting Stop Lossed or not....

Quoting meka1984:

My SO will be deploying in July, this will be his 1st ever deployment, a little sad, but knew it was going to happen eventually. Showing him all the love and support right now.

IleanRight
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Honestly I am glad we are sending more troops. My hubby was apart of the surge in Iraq and it really did work. I say we give it our all get the job done and the start pulling out!!

CMcDougal
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:26 PM

We heard rumors that this would happen to my DH too, but so far it hasn't, every other "rumor" regarding deployment has held true, so we shall see.

Quoting cheffiecms:

My husband was deployed in june to iraq and just last month his unit got reassigned to afghan, they are definitely sending them there now. 

CMcDougal
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:28 PM

I guess there's a difference in speculation and an official decision. I think it's about time that an actual decision was made!

Quoting tangleballlover:

I'm really confused...why is this new news? I was under the impression before my husband deployed in summer 2008 that they were trying to get more troops to Afghanistan. I don't watch news AT ALL, I keep out of it, but even I knew it would happen. It's been talked about for more than a year, I know it has. I hope this doesn't come off as rude, I really am just confused as to why it's such a big deal, ya know? Because to me,  it's old news. :)

Nicole88
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Quoting skisbufly1:

I agree, My DH gets out in June of 2010 were just waiting to hear if he is getting Stop Lossed or not....

Quoting meka1984:

My husband gets out in May of 2010 and I'm waiting to see if they'll screw us over. I'm praying we can avoid a last deployment but it's not looking good.

MomNtheRes
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Dh is in Afghanistan now, I'm just worried about him coming home for a few mos and gettting sent right back out. I'm due 4 months before he comes home, and I know he's going to be heartbroken to leave 12 mos after he gets back(standard rotation for his unit) let alone sooner than that. I'm also concerned that my unit will be sent over right after I have the baby, that dh and I will literally pass each other coming and going....UUUGGGHHH- such is the military life.....feeling down today, hopefully my optimism will return tomorrow....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)