Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NFCU & Fraud *EDIT*

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:10 AM
  • 13 Replies

Anyone have an account with NFCU and had to file a fraudulent charge with them or cancel your check card? Please Help! 

I had three charges on my check card yesterday, made online and I know that I didnt make them. I called NFCU and they cancelled my check card and told me that i have to fill out a fraud form and bring it in. I am ok with that. But they also told me that i cannot get another card until the charges are figured out and that it could be 10-30 days?!?!? Does that sound right to you???

Anyone who has gone through this, any info/comments would help.... Freaking out here....

I went there yesterday since there is one down the street. I took the fraud paperwork and stood in line for 45 mins to be helped and they told me to come back later with the paperwork when the three charges post to my account because as they are pending they cant do anything. So i guess i have to go back in there today. BUT they did order me another card and cancel the other one and i will get the new one in 7-10 days.Thanks for all the help!!!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USMCBride08
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:12 AM

UGH i say RUN from NFCU. they are so shitty.

we banked with them.. and because THEY were morons, they put our deposits into OTHER peoples accounts. 3x. And then when we overdrew, they wanted US to pay the fees.

AND they kept canceling our debit cards because we were supposedly calling and reporting them missing. which we WERENT.

so we said screw it and went to USAA lol much better 

I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens. But I am in the military in the ranks rarely seen I have no rank upon my shoulders, salutes I do not give. But the military world is the place where I live. I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get. But my husband is the one who does, this I cannot forget. I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line. But my job is just as tough. I'm the one that's left behind. My husband is a patriot, a brave and prideful man, And the call to serve his country, not all can understand. Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free. My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me. I love the man I married. Patriotism is his life. But I stand among the silent ranks known as the military wife.

trbl66621
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:38 AM

bump 

myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:07 PM

I don't know anything about how they conduct their business, but I just wanted to say "I love your stockings."  They are cute! 

asaffell
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I've never heard that, but I also have had no problems with Navy Fed in the 2.5 years we've been banking with them. If you're freaking out, try calling a supervisor to see if you can get a different answer.

Technology has turned the fetus into a patient, reducing the mother to being the 'maternal environment' and preventing attachment until after the ultrasound has shown the fetus to be 'normal.'

-Jennifer Hall

BREASTFEEDING IS NOT ADULT NATURED! 

.Misha.
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:39 PM

My sister had NFCU and they screwed her left and right. Took money they said she owed them. lost her paychecks, it was obscene.

Seans_mommy123
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I don't have NFCU but i do have USAA. My card number was recently stolen. I called them up as soon as we noticed the charges. They cancelled my card and they were going to send a new card right away. A couple days later they emailed me a form to sign and send back. I basically had to say that my card number was stolen and I didn't make the charges. We got all the money back the day after i returned the form and I had my new card within 10 days of the old one being cancelled.

abelsc
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:43 PM

DH has had NFCU for 9 years and i've had them for 6 and we have never had a problem with them.  I did have an issue where someone got my account info and they just opened a new checking and transfered the money and closed the other.  Didn't have to wait for anything and they had me put a password on my account so if anyone called about my account they had to know my password to find out any info on it.

wruss
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:14 PM

my husbands card number was stolen shortly before he deployed..they took out over $200...we called our bank (Armed Forces Bank) and they sent him a new card asap, and cancelled his, they tracked down where the card number was stolen, and took care of everything for us...and it took about a week for him to get his card in...just in time for him to deploy....

nukeswife08
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:45 PM

That sounds right.  My husband and I have had NFCU for almost 2 years now and we love them.  They always treat us with respect and they never messed up anything with us.  Not to mention my husband over-drew the account once and he called them up and spoke to someone in costumer service and got all of the over-draft fees taken away.

newbiemomma2b
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 3:29 AM

We had something similar happen to us. But I didn't have to wait for the charges to be figured out to get my new card. So that's weird... but you can go online to do it and it's waay faster. Just log onto your account and then click on other services...scroll down and it's at the bottom of Checking, Savings and NAVcheck services. You can dispute a visa check card purchase or file a fraudulant claim.... plus call then number on the website they're a ton easier to deal with tahn the actual people at the branches are. Also try calling the companies that charged you... they might be able to help some too! Good luck hope you get it all cleared up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)