Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just got a letter. Did you?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:56 PM
  • 15 Replies

I just got a letter from my husband's commander, telling me of what kind of work he has been doing, and how appreciative his commander is. I couldnt help but think it was a letter he sent out to all (thats a LOT!)  of his soldier's wives.

Have you ever received a letter from your husband's superior?

I am a breastfeeding and formula feeding, pro-choice, vaccinating, Turbo Jamming,
disposable diaper using, cio sometimes, cat loving, dieting, married
and love my husband
Army wife and momwww.myspace.com/serioussifl  Check out my music!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I don't recall ever getting a truly personal letter from anyone regarding my husband.  We get emails, newsletters, and things like that.  That is about it. 

I am sure it was nice to get that letter though!

sunshine86912
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:01 PM

lmao no..but i thought you were going to say something about a letter from Santa! I just got one in the mail for my kids..but have NO idea where they came from... 

serioussifL
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Oh it sure was... and I learned that he was 1 of only 2 people in the whole company (95 people) to have been promoted twice while out there! Im so proud :D

Quoting myfoursonsks:

I don't recall ever getting a truly personal letter from anyone regarding my husband.  We get emails, newsletters, and things like that.  That is about it. 

I am sure it was nice to get that letter though!

I am a breastfeeding and formula feeding, pro-choice, vaccinating, Turbo Jamming,
disposable diaper using, cio sometimes, cat loving, dieting, married
and love my husband
Army wife and momwww.myspace.com/serioussifl  Check out my music!

Seans_mommy123
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I've never gotten anything from my DH's chain of command other than the newsletter that they send out.

xErinx
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:02 PM

LMFAO no way......maintenance doesnt give a shit about me!

pageantgirl3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:05 PM

nope but when I stop by to visit they tell me how great he is :).

Heather
Herbalife Independent Distributor, Air Force wife, WAHM to two beautiful babies.
Join us in Herbalife Weight Loss Support Group

Armywifeoftw105
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:43 PM

I got one while my husband was in Korea.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Yup, got a letter like that shortly after he deployed. :-)

usmclife58
by Nikki on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I have gotten a few emails, but only one letter. But it (the letter) was generic. Some of the emails were generic as well, but as I always respond with feedback (per his requests) he replies back and it is more personal. He is an AWESOME CO.

aimeewales
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:34 PM

That is awesome that he has got promoted twice since he has been deployed. And that is nice they sent you a letter. I'm excited for your family. When my hubby was deployed I was pregnant I got calls from my phoenix spouse, a Lt. and after hubby got home the commander asking if I needed any help because he heard I delivered 3 months early (the funny part was he said how great a worker my husband is and how he was doing such great work in turkey, he had never met him nor did he know he was already home thanks to the red cross.) But anyways that is great you should put that letter in a frame not to often you get something as amazing as that in writing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)