Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Special Things

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:39 PM
  • 16 Replies

What special things do you do for your SO when they have been away from home?  like when they come back for R&R, home from a deployment, or from field training?

Special meals? Decorations? Any special family traditions?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seans_mommy123
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:07 PM

I usually make him his favorite things to eat. I also usually schedule a massage for him to have done.

wruss
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I make my husband whatever he's been "craving" while he's been gone...which has been homemade chicken and dumplings...other than that, nothing more special....

kyisme21
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:54 PM

i buy all his favorite foods, take him out to dinner at his favorite restaurant. i try to buy all the movies that came out recently that he wants. i also get him new soap/shampoo and new towels becasue the ones he takes out to sea get icky

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
toriandgrace
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:30 PM

My hubby will be coming home from his first deployment next month. I'm planning to have his favorite beer in the fridge, make him pineapple upside down cake, and take him out to a nice restaurant. Oh and I'll have Christmas waiting for him! Other than that, I'm just planning to let him watch whatever TV/ movies he wants, let him play video games, etc etc. Normally WoW irritates me, but if he wants to play, I'm just going to cuddle up and watch!

myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:50 PM

So far, my husband is requesting meatloaf on his R&R.  It seems like a strange request, but I really make awesome meatloaf...lol. 

nemiller
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:10 PM

i make sure the house is stocked with his favorite foods and drinks, then i make him one of his favorite meals.  depending on where he's coming home from and how long he was gone, i do other things.  like, he likes it when all his clothes are cleaned ASAP after he gets back.  sometimes i'll let him go to bed and sleep until he's rested, if he's been somewhere that he hasn't been sleeping much.  or we go out with his family.  it all depends on his mood and what's going on.

armycoppertop
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:19 PM

I just make sure he has my undivided attention!!

And I try to make sure the laundry room is empty so all his nasty gear can go straight into the wash, there is a clear path to the bathroom so he can take a shower right away and I make sure his shampoo and soap has plenty left for him to scrub a few extra times!!

He always either wants to go out to eat (when we have money) or to have a fresh homecooked meal (he doesn't care what I cook, as long as mayoniese is not in it) that isn't a quickie meal (like tacos or pizza... he wants chicken, or for me to have steaks marinaded and the grill ready to be lite for him to cook dinner). 

Calorie Counter                         

MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

wruss
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:38 PM

THANSK! now you have me wanting meatloaf...I might ask my mom if she'll make it while i'm home over Christmas...haha...I don't think my husband is a fan of meatloaf...he's not a fan of much of anything...haha...

Quoting myfoursonsks:

So far, my husband is requesting meatloaf on his R&R.  It seems like a strange request, but I really make awesome meatloaf...lol. 

MommaSpry
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Haha My husband's pretty sad lol, He requests KRAFT Mac and Cheese whenever he comes home!!! I have to make sure I always have that, Mountain Dew, Jack and some Goose lol. So I always go shopping for that, and get also get his favorite chips, then when he comes home its all about him! I let him choose to do whatever he wants... we go out to eat as a family....we'll go out and have a couple drinks with friends... we'll stay home and relax as a family.... Life revolves around him for a couple weeks :)

Quoting myfoursonsks:

armyProud Army Wife and Mommygirl giving flower

pageantgirl3
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:07 AM

I make my lasagna, chicken pot pie and 5 cheese fettuccine. He loves those.

Heather
Herbalife Independent Distributor, Air Force wife, WAHM to two beautiful babies.
Join us in Herbalife Weight Loss Support Group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)