• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What family things do you do on post?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:47 PM
  • 8 Replies

Movies?  Bowling? Roller skating? Anything?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sunshine86912
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:49 PM

my girls are 2 and 3..so we dont do much..but we COULD go to the movies or bowling lol 

kyisme21
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:51 PM

we do bowling, movies and swimming. we also go for hour long walks with the baby when its nice out. theres a lake to go trout fishing here but we havent tried that yet.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
toriandgrace
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:38 PM

I love our movie theater on base! It used to be $3 for a double feature, but they recently increased it to $5 for a double or $3 for a single. Under 5 years old is free though. So It's still a great deal. We also go swimming on base.

Seans_mommy123
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:55 PM

We live off base and my husband refuses to be on base if he doesn't have to. He likes to stay away from other Marines on his time off if he can help it. So we don't do much of anything on base.

nemiller
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:12 PM

nothing on base, really.  there's not a whole lot that's appropriate for my son's age.  i guess the park in our neighborhood is the closest thing to a family activity on base that we've gotten.

wruss
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Dawn, there's also classes on post, and swimming, and ice skating...

Quoting sunshine86912:

my girls are 2 and 3..so we dont do much..but we COULD go to the movies or bowling lol 

amberdy
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:32 AM

My husband is stationed at HAAF, it's basically just an airfield with very few things to do on post.  The only thing I do is use their gym 3 days a week and we go to our FRG stuff there.  When we were at Lewis, we would take the kids swimming, to the movies, bowling, etc.

tangleballlover
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:57 AM

My kids are almost 2 and almost 3...we had a mandatory company party 2 weeks ago. It was at the bowling alley. That was pure and utter hell. So much fit throwing, it was unreal. We really don't go out and do many activities yet. We did go sledding last Saturday though. LOL. That was just in our backyard though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)