Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Overseas..read and reply very important for our soldiers

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:06 PM
  • 9 Replies

A teacher at our school asked my husband if he could find her a UNIT overseas to send Christmas cards to. He said he would have me do it since I can find anything. Well where better to find a unit than the actual soldier's moms, sisters, wives, and gfs. Id have the cards sent to my uncels unit but he comes home in Jan so it needs to be a set that are staying longer than that.

This is the real me...I am the 19 year old, mother of 3, with the pleasure of raising 2 and the knowledge that 1 is looking out for me as my guardian angel. I am the wife to a soilder of the US Army. I love my family and my friends. I get my feelings hurt easily when I am under attack, but I can usually forgive my attackers. I am my own person and I won't change for anyone. If you don't like me, that's ok, You're on the opposite side of a computer screen, and you can't hurt me with anything but words. You're not real in my mind. Because I have the power to sign off and ignore you. I will always be here though if ANYONE needs me...even if we have never seen eye to eye. I am me, if you can't handle that...oh well.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
prego7386
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:07 PM

mine isnt deployed but here is a bump

ArmyWifeNoDrama
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Bump

This is the real me...I am the 19 year old, mother of 3, with the pleasure of raising 2 and the knowledge that 1 is looking out for me as my guardian angel. I am the wife to a soilder of the US Army. I love my family and my friends. I get my feelings hurt easily when I am under attack, but I can usually forgive my attackers. I am my own person and I won't change for anyone. If you don't like me, that's ok, You're on the opposite side of a computer screen, and you can't hurt me with anything but words. You're not real in my mind. Because I have the power to sign off and ignore you. I will always be here though if ANYONE needs me...even if we have never seen eye to eye. I am me, if you can't handle that...oh well.

A.M.smomma
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 1:45 AM

I don't know about any particular units that are overseas right now, but have you thought about contacting someone in the Warrior Transition program?  I'm stationed in Ft Sam, and Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC) is one of the leading medical facilities for soldiers who are injured overseas.  There are many, many solders that have been injured, many disabled, fighting for their country.  I've met many of theses soldiers.  A lot of them are stuck here for the holidays due to continued treatment, therapy, or because they're waiting on paper work (fit for duty's, med-boards, etc.).  Good luck finding what you're looking for, but these soldiers may be able to use some support this holiday season as well. 

MomNtheRes
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 1:48 AM

My husbands unit is over there right now, they left in Nov. I'm trying to do the same thing at my daughters pre-k, but after I said something evidently one of the teachers there has someone deployed as well so SHE is sending the cards....frustrating but oh well. I wouldn't know who to send them to, like the NCOIC or who is actually in charge of the unit over there, but I can ask my dh. 

Join us! An active group for Mom's who are, or have been through, a deployment to support one another so we can stay Deployment Strong!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/DeploymentStrong

come home               in love

WhimsyOne
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 7:29 AM

Bump

Good morning ... I haven't been online of late due to back surgery but I'm a Military mom to a soldier who is stationed at Ft Polk and will be deployed next year.  I had heard of a way to send cards to soldiers over seas prior to my surgery. I will do some research and get back to you all. 

I wanted to share something with you... I do digital scrapbooking to keep my sanity and mental health.  As a military family, I know we sent cards and letters to our loved ones and their friends in the past.. however, I have been doing a digital diary of sorts for a couple of families here in my home state.  My grand-daughter is 2 and she always likes to play in my son's fatigues.. I did a scrap of her and I wanted to share it with you. 

I would love to scrap a few pics for you if you don't mind sharing a photo or two ... The kit is called Army Bratz... and the designer comes from a Military family as well.  Here she just got the hat on but of course, it's backwards.  She just makes me smile when I see it. 

Happy Holiday's ladies... You are all in my prayers and I will get back to you with some info on sending cards overseas to our soldiers for Christmas..

Hugs,

army

Proud Army Mom to an MP@Ft Polk.

Happy Scrapping All Day Long!

lyrick24
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 7:35 AM

call the frg at your local military post or reserve center and they should be able to give you a unit.

Hannele
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:28 AM

I haven't tried this site myself but a friend of mine said it might be helpful: anysoldier.com

cupcake_1283
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:29 AM

http://www.anysoldier.com is an awesome place to start.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)