Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting so anxious

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:47 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am anxious for several reasons. Hubbys R&R is super close! I mean like OMG close lol. I am due the same time his R&R but Im already dialating so I might have Landon sooner. And then he reenlisted on Friday and we got Hawaii. But I am a little mad at him for that. In order for him to get Hawaii he gave up his dwell time. He signed and then told me. I would of told him no pick another location but no he really wanted Hawaii and so if he deploys again he knows I will be mad at him :) lol. Not forever but pretty darn close lol. This coming up year we have alot going on! And Im so nervous, anxious, excited, scared, and worried but I know it will be ok(I hope so anyways lol)

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BrAiSi
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Well congrats on both things, that it's almost your hubbys time to come home for R&R, and that you are about to be a mommy. I was in labor when my husband got home for R&R last deployment so he just made it. Well he is deployed again, and I'm pregnant again, and we are going to try of course, but I won't hold my breath that we will be that lucky twice in a row. Anyway, best of luck to you. I hope he makes it for the birth, but either way, hope your R&R goes great. Good luck with the Hawaii PCS as well, I have a really good friend who is there. I hope your husband doesn't deploy right away once you get there. That would obviously be really crappy.

So happy and proud to be married to my soldier Bryan, I love you forever baby.

Proud mommy to a two year old named Siri & soon to be a mommy again in July

mommywife06
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:36 PM

We made it twice. His first deployment his CSM said he would personally see to it he would be home for our oldest's birth. He was home 2 days before my due date and I had her 8 days after my due date. Our second daughter he was here for. I had her 2 months after we PCSd to Polk. And then before he deployed his commander said she would see to it he was home. So I wouldnt have to deal with 2 kids and a newborn at the hospital or worrying about getting them to the FCC if I go into labor on my own. I would hate worrying about and I still do lol but I doubt Im going to have him on my own. Isnt it funny how before or after big things you find out your pregnant? Before he deployed the first time I found out I was pregnant, about 3 months after he got back I found out I was pregnant and 1 month before he left this time I found out I was pregnant. Thankfully he is getting a vasectemy when he gets back lol. I hope yours makes it back!

Quoting BrAiSi:

Well congrats on both things, that it's almost your hubbys time to come home for R&R, and that you are about to be a mommy. I was in labor when my husband got home for R&R last deployment so he just made it. Well he is deployed again, and I'm pregnant again, and we are going to try of course, but I won't hold my breath that we will be that lucky twice in a row. Anyway, best of luck to you. I hope he makes it for the birth, but either way, hope your R&R goes great. Good luck with the Hawaii PCS as well, I have a really good friend who is there. I hope your husband doesn't deploy right away once you get there. That would obviously be really crappy.

MomNtheRes
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:45 PM

I have alot going on as well- I'm pregnant and due during hubby's r&r. I'm going to be moving back in with my Mom in Feb, when my lease here with my roommate is up, and then in July moving all of our stuff 4 hours away (hopefully with lots of help from friends as I will be 9 mos by then!). When he comes home I will have the baby here, and then we will drive down to Savannah and be in our home until he leaves. HOPEFULLY everything goes to plan, if not I dunno what I'm going to do!

Join us! An active group for Mom's who are, or have been through, a deployment to support one another so we can stay Deployment Strong!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/DeploymentStrong

come home               in love

myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Moms are tough, so I know you will handle it however it works out.  But, I hope everything turns out in a way that you are happy with. 

tangleballlover
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:18 AM

LOL. My husband reenlisted and didn't pick a duty station and now we may be stuck here in Ft. Drum and I kind of want to punch him for it. He could've reenlisted for Ft. Campbell, KY and be 3 hours away from home. *rolls eyes* Sometimes guys just don't think. I'm sure though, that Hawaii will be a really cool experience for you and your family. I'm sure ya'll will find the good in it! :) Congrats on the baby, can't wait to see pics! I hope that your hubby and baby birth can correlate up for you too :)

mommywife06
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:34 PM

We was at Fort Knox for 3 years! I HATED IT! We was about 3 hours from home(Indianapolis, Indiana) but I hated Knox! Worse duty station I have been to yet lol. I know there are more to come so for now its been the worse one lol. I have heard bad things about Drum but more good than anything lol. Mainly that its in the mountains. He was picking I was not to going to be stuck here at Polk for another 5 years or longer! NO!! lol

Quoting tangleballlover:

LOL. My husband reenlisted and didn't pick a duty station and now we may be stuck here in Ft. Drum and I kind of want to punch him for it. He could've reenlisted for Ft. Campbell, KY and be 3 hours away from home. *rolls eyes* Sometimes guys just don't think. I'm sure though, that Hawaii will be a really cool experience for you and your family. I'm sure ya'll will find the good in it! :) Congrats on the baby, can't wait to see pics! I hope that your hubby and baby birth can correlate up for you too :)

bebemama10
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Congrats on the baby & R&R quickly approaching!!!  I would love to go to Hawaii but we have a very spoiled poodle who'd have to be quaranteened everytime we took a trip back to the States so my hubby didn't try to fight for it at the end of Career Course in October.  I think I'd kill him if he picked a place without debating it with me first :)  He came home in July (when we were picking where to go next) and we had a bunch of crappy options.,.. ended up at Camp Shelby, MS.  The area isnt bad but the post is part National Guard and part Reserve with just a handful of Active Duty working here so it's kind of a pain in the ass for him to get anything done without begging & pleading.  Oh well :) 

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)