Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Pride gone too far? Maybe...But she won't run her mouth around me anymore.... *EDIT*

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:40 AM
  • 77 Replies

New Years Day, DH and I had made one final trip to see his family before our DD is born. All the kids are outside playing and the women of the family are getting lunch ready. SIL#1 and I are talking about my Family Care Plan, since she will be taking care of DD when DH and I deploy. SIL#2 (married into the family and no one likes her cause she's a total beeyotch!), starts listening into our conversation. Before we can even discuss the financial plan, SIL#2 breaks in and starts running her mouth about why don't you just get out of the Army and be a mother like you're supposed to (sound familiar? I was on here a few weeks ago venting about her) Now this is not the first time she's said something like this. However, this is the first time she's said something while I was there, because DH and I live in another state. I was already angry with her over past incidences and was trying to be civil with her up to this point for the sake of the family. But then this statement left her mouth....And I quote " The Army is full of all the garbage that the other branches didn't want. Why do you want to stay in and work with those kind of people? And you guys deploy ALL the time. This family is gonna end up raising your daughter for you...maybe you should have waited to get pregnant!" And that's about all she got out because I ended up punching her in the mouth. She's pregant too and that's the only thing that stopped me from doing worse. The only thing I regret about it, is that I cut my finger on one of her teeth. The whole family had told her before many times to shut her trap about it but I guess she just couldn't help herself, huh? I swear that I'm not the type to start fights. I don't walk around swinging on people. But this chick had it coming to her... 

Bash me if you want to...but what's done is done and I don't feel bad about it. Maybe she'll think long and hard the next time she tries to bash me and my DH like that...

armyarmystork

*EDIT*  Here is a little background info on my SIL#2...Since the day she came into this family, she has done nothing but act like a stuck up b****. She thinks she's better than everyone else and will be the first to tell you so. She expects everyone to feel sorry for her because she is pregnant and is constantly walking around with the "woe is me attitude". She gives everyone in the family the cold shoulder, unless she wants something from them. She treats my other nieces and nephews like crap and lets her daughter hit them, take their toys and cuss at them without any kind of repercussions. All of that on top of how she treats me finally tooks its toll. She's ran her mouth about DH and I since the first day we met. For 2 years now, myself and numerous other family members have told her to keep her nasty comments to herself but to no avail. I HAVE tried everything from asking her nicely to please not speak that way to me, to just plain telling her to shut the f*** up! Nothing worked. I reached my limit that day. Plain and simple. Yes everyone is entitled their own oppinion. But I also believe that even the most outspoken person, knows that there is a time and place for everything. We are given the freedom of speech. But with that freedom, comes the responsibility to know when to excercise it. Too many people get a case of diarea of the mouth and say they are excerising their freedom of speech. Bullshit. Your hiding behind an amendmant that I'm fighting for to keep and your using it to try to make others feel like shit. I DO NOT walk around hitting people who piss me off. I haven't been in a fight since I was in highschool. And that was because I was defending myself thank you very much. I don't think it was the smartest thing for me to hit her. But everyone comes to a point where enough is enough. I all but got a round of applause from DH's family for doing it. Her DH was pissed that I hit her. But also told her she had it coming. My husband is still laughing about it. Yes, shame on me for hitting her. But at least I didn't hit her in the stomach. As for her pressing charges, she was too embarrassed to. Yesterday, the family told her not to speak to anyone until she could hold her tongue. This is a very patriotic family with many veterans of all the branches. And they did not appreciate her loose lips. Will this incident have tought her not to treat other people like crap? Probably not. We'll just have to wait and see....If you were offended by what I've done, so sorry. I guess you could say in a way, I was excercising my own freedom of speech in a sense. So continue to trash away, I don't care. But trash me. Don't trash the other women on here who support what I did...Those of you that support me, Thank you. Those of you who don't, well, thank you for taking the time to share your oppinion.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amylovesnick07
by Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:48 AM

All I have to say is good Job!!!!! I probably would have done the same thing. She shouldn't keep running her mouth like that. Thank you to you and your hubby for defending our country. My husband is in the army also. So i appreciate everything you guys do.

Sailorswife24
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:51 AM

thats awesome! I so would have done the same thing, She should keep her opinions to herself, some people just don't understand military life.... she had no right to insult you and your husband in front of the whole family.

Late_for_pt_thumb_normalThenavyhasmysailor_normal

mommaedwards07
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:51 AM

WTG! I would have done the same and I can honestly say that since I have in the past.

Lisa-J
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:20 AM

I, too want  to THANK YOU for defending our country( & your husband)!!!  By the way, there are ALOT of civilians that end up letting other people take care of their children while they do nothing but run the roads.  You being in the military and having a family is no different than a civilian that has a family has business trips to go on.  At least your is for a MUCH better cause!

djdouglas60
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:33 AM

Bravo to you!!!!   

I believe that which does not kill us makes us stronger.

kaker104
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:39 AM

clapping rolling on floor 

Moniquemarie1
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Lol!  Wow!  What did her husband do?  You probably won't see her ever again.  I bet she's scared and embarrassed as hell.  We're garbage, huh?  I really hope you taught her a life lesson for all situations where she is being judgemental and ignorant.  Make that cut on your hand worth it!  Lol!

moniquemarie17. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
abbynzachsmommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:55 AM

lol thats awesome!

navy     Lovin my Sailor!!!

Are you a Christian? Do you love to debate and learn from other Christians? Visit us at Round & Round

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

Want to connect with other Navy wives? Check us out! ~ Navy Wives

milmomnwife
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Well, I can't say as I agree with your hitting a pregant woman in the mouth, but I can understand the motivation behind it. When I've been confronted with similar comments about my sons and DH..."I cannot understand why anyone would want to go to war...OR...I didn't get how YOU can sit here and just wait for news about our husband/son! You must be crazy!...OR...Your DH deployed umpteen million times?? You must not have much of a marriage..." (That was always my personal favorite!)..I just always smiled, stared them blank -dead in the eye and said..."Yes...you're welcome." usually they'd come back with a pause, then..."Well, what I mean is..." Or..."I'm just saying..." Then I continued by interrogating THEM about their comments which usually makes them look exceedingly stupid and socially selfish at not even bothering to try to serve their country. A lot of this attitude is jealousy, I think.

bramamber
by Amber on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:40 AM

I hope see learned her lesson.

AMBER

Join us on

The Military Moms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)