Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2010 so far

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:42 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am bouncing off the walls with happiness

I have to share im sooo excited

1. our ground breaking is tomorrow on our new home...needed this great news after the end of 2009 we miscarried on dec 5th so 2009 ended bad..and hubby couldn't be home

2. hubby finally has his orders and we will be together for 3 years shore duty (hes navy been in 12 years) we have been apart since 2005....well ONLY seen each other 28 weeks all  leave added up since 2005....we have a 3 1/2 year old and a 14 month old and I just cant wait to finally be together . This will be our first thanksgiving, Xmas and new years eve together  well also all the other holidays but in the past 4 years we haven't spent any of those three together

3. The Fit Mama club here on cafe mom turns 1 tomorrow and i am excited for that and want to thank cafe mom and all the moms in the group for making it a success..cant believe its been a year ....the group in soo important to me

thank you for letting me share :)

How has 2010 been for you so far?

SHED SOME POUNDS!...WIN A PRIZE!!...Biggest loser comp. begins Jan 9th 2010!!!! come Join The fit mama club

http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orange4agua72
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:46 PM

I'm SOOOO excited to hear your husband is going to be home! HOORAY!!!!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

olgabillman07
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:54 PM

I guess okay. Not really much different than last year. We've been ttc for seven months, so I am hoping this month will bring us good news. If not, we can't try until DH gets home from AIT in March.

Good new is that I do not have to lose any weight this year! That was last years resolution.

I'm hoping the whole job deal is better this year than last year. DH was laid off December 08-August 09 until he joined the army national guard. When he gets back he has to do weekend drills for six months. If he cannot go back to his union job within those six months and have a stable life, then we will "hopefully" go active. Not sure how hard that is.

I am sorry for your loss. hugging

Sweetestgirl79
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:00 PM

thank you..alot of people didnt agree with us being apart for the time we have but its what we did and what was best for our family...we sacrificed so much..but it worked out in the end. he has 7 years left and 3 of them will be here then he will be a geo bach again so we will have a few years again

we are literally on separate coasts and have been since 2005 ...but i was here finishing my bachelor degree then we got prego and then his ship went on deployment and his schedule was outrageous so we decided to stay here near family.

so now this will be home for good and he will retiree and come back here after his last sea tour i am thrilled to have our house...

not to many people know that we lived apart and for so long ..i dont just tell all kinds of strangers cause i always get so many opinions but now in my heart i know we did what was best and he even got orders back here cause i am already here and it saves the navy money they dont have to move me

only crappy part is the bah dropped so we have to deal with a new budget but we will make it work

Quoting orange4agua72:

I'm SOOOO excited to hear your husband is going to be home! HOORAY!!!!

SHED SOME POUNDS!...WIN A PRIZE!!...Biggest loser comp. begins Jan 9th 2010!!!! come Join The fit mama club

Sweetestgirl79
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:01 PM

i hope it brings you good news too :)

it will happen when the time is right

:)

hope everything else workout out to for hubby

Quoting olgabillman07:

I guess okay. Not really much different than last year. We've been ttc for seven months, so I am hoping this month will bring us good news. If not, we can't try until DH gets home from AIT in March.

Good new is that I do not have to lose any weight this year! That was last years resolution.

I'm hoping the whole job deal is better this year than last year. DH was laid off December 08-August 09 until he joined the army national guard. When he gets back he has to do weekend drills for six months. If he cannot go back to his union job within those six months and have a stable life, then we will "hopefully" go active. Not sure how hard that is.

I am sorry for your loss. hugging

mommyofderek
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Thats awesome! Congrats.  

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Congrats!! I hope the rest of the year goes as well for you as the beginning has :)

2010 has been good so far to us. My stepmother's cancer being reclassed was SUCH a happy thing. Also, my husband took off 2 minutes of his running time and lost 5lbs just this week (he was boderline with his run time; his weight was okay, but he was getting close). And he takes his PC requal again in 10 days (I PRAY he passes. I am afraid what they will do to him if he fails!). Other than that, life is normal, but good :)

fairymom2316
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:13 PM

congratulationsWhat a great way to start of the year! =)

Sweetestgirl79
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:25 PM

im glad yours is going good too and i wish lots of happiness to come! :)

Quoting usmclife58:

Congrats!! I hope the rest of the year goes as well for you as the beginning has :)

2010 has been good so far to us. My stepmother's cancer being reclassed was SUCH a happy thing. Also, my husband took off 2 minutes of his running time and lost 5lbs just this week (he was boderline with his run time; his weight was okay, but he was getting close). And he takes his PC requal again in 10 days (I PRAY he passes. I am afraid what they will do to him if he fails!). Other than that, life is normal, but good :)

abbynzachsmommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Well...the first couple days of this year have sucked...lol. My hubby left for his 3rd deployment in 3 years, and my truck is giving me issues...but I have faith it will get better. I know the last half of the year should be great.

My hubby got shore duty orders and we should be moving to P-cola come summer!! We are finally planning our "honey moon"...it will be nice to have a vacay just me and him. With three little ones, even when he's home we don't get a lot of time together.

navy     Lovin my Sailor!!!

Are you a Christian? Do you love to debate and learn from other Christians? Visit us at Round & Round

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

Want to connect with other Navy wives? Check us out! ~ Navy Wives

MommaSpry
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Congrats on all the wonderful and exciting news :)

My 2010 is looking to be a great year!

* My DH comes home from his year long deployment in about 2 weeks :) and we'll finally be together as a family (we were separated for 2 years before he left and just got back together 9 months ago, and going very strong!!)

* He got orders to Germany, so we'll be moving there in June

* We will finally have some holidays together, we havent had any in over 4  years

* My sister is finally getting married in June (before we move) Her fiance is already like a brother to me, they've been together for like 7+ years so its a VERY exciting celebration for our family.

armyProud Army Wife and Mommygirl giving flower

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)