Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you find yourself

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM
  • 8 Replies

Do you find yourself wanting to get into shape before your hubby,boyfriend etc...gets back from a deployment?.

i always find myself trying so hard to get into shape before I see him ..before he comes home..I think its that extra boost i need..i know he says he loves me for me and im not really doing it just for him im doing it foe myself

But i just feel that i work harder at it when I am counting down the days til I see him!

jumping rope

SHED SOME POUNDS!...WIN A PRIZE!!...Biggest loser comp. begins Jan 9th 2010!!!! come Join The fit mama club

http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
orange4agua72
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:52 PM

My hubby went on a 2 week deployment this summer to Norway (I know super short...), but anyways, in that amount of time I worked my BUTT off and ate really well and lost 20lbs while he was gone!!! I sure do try to make myself look good for when he comes home!!! hehehe

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

mommyofderek
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:03 PM

I didn't but I have decided this time that I am going to work out for me. I'm also going to tan because I am white like the walls of my house and I don't want to be casper the whole year LOL 

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I did last year. I worked my ass off and lost 30lbs. He didn't even notice. But I did, so I didn't really care so much. This time, I will either be whale sized about to pop this kiddo out or just have popped this kiddo out, so I am not even bothering to think about what I am going to look like. But, I am almost 6 months and I have only gained 1lb, so I am hoping the weight loss after will be easier this time :)

fairymom2316
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:33 PM

I did! LOL I knew I lost weight though because I wasn't eating as well as I should have. I almost felt self conscious the first day he came home, like it was weird undressing in front of him since it had been so long! LOL!

abbynzachsmommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Well, this year, I'm going to drop 30lbs by June...I'm determined. Not only is he coming home in the summer, my BIL is getting married and I'm in the wedding. So, i went and got the Biggest Loser game for the Wii and I'm buying a tread mill in Feb. I WILL be skinny again when he gets home...

navy     Lovin my Sailor!!!

Are you a Christian? Do you love to debate and learn from other Christians? Visit us at Round & Round

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

Want to connect with other Navy wives? Check us out! ~ Navy Wives

MommaSpry
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Becareful if you go tanning. I used to tan ALL the time, i LOVE it then I ended up getting very sunburnt one year and now i'm allergic to the sun, my entire body breaks out in a horrible red swollen rash. It took that for me to realize how unhealthy it actually is. Yes I hate being white, but I've already done enough to my body, I dont want to take any more chances. . . Spray tanning is the best things for your body if you want to be Tan and it doesnt look bad at all.  . . So yeah take it from someone who's already gone through things, it is NO fun to have problems because of tanning.

Quoting mommyofderek:

I didn't but I have decided this time that I am going to work out for me. I'm also going to tan because I am white like the walls of my house and I don't want to be casper the whole year LOL 

armyProud Army Wife and Mommygirl giving flower

MommaSpry
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:11 PM

I dont have much to loose I'll be underweight if I loose anymore, but i am very picky about my body, and I can tell I worry more about it now that it's getting close to my husband coming home. I was a circuit coach at curves before I moved down here, I hate that I can't excerise there anymore right now.

armyProud Army Wife and Mommygirl giving flower

nmjordan
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 8:54 AM

For some reason I do SO much better when DH is gone, in regards to exercise and dieting. I think it's because I need a distraction. Last time he was gone it was for 10 days and I lost 4 lbs. This next time he will be gone 2 months and either I will do REALLY good or REALLY bad. Too hard to say right now. We haven't been apart that long in over 2 years and that time I was psycho, lots of issues with depression.

~ Nicole ~
Mom to Brandon, 
6-25-06
Proud Navy Wife

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)