Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introducing myself...and complaining a little...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:25 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am new to this group all though i have been a member of cafemom for almost 2 years. My husband and I will be married 2 years in May. He left in June for Korea...I have seen him a total of 1 month since he has been gone due to my gallbladder surgery and his knee surgery. The visits were at two different 2 week intervals in October and November. It seems like the past 7 months have flown by...But this last week and especially looking at the calendar and it only being the 3rd of January makes me sick to my stomach. We have 5 months left...24 weeks...10 paychecks...137 days...I try to find the best way to put it so it doesnt seem so long...24 weeks works best for me. I just feel like I am crumbling. We have a ds who will be 2 on Thursday. I try so hard to be strong for him...We are living with my in-laws while dh is gone because where we lived before I didnt have a good support system. I am so grateful for my in-laws. The help so much with my son...But for the past week or so I just feel like crying all the time. I just want to feel my dh's arms around me, his kisses on my forehead, I want to see the look in his eyes and feel his touch when he tells me I'm beautiful. I dont feel like June will ever get here...I know many of us probably feel this way but I need some support from women who are feeling like I am. I feel so alone...

air force~*~Proud AirForce Wife to Bryan Since 5-5-07~*~

toddler boy~*~Proud Mommy to Adam/A.J. Since 1-7-08, who was born with a cleft lip/palate...So proud of my strong BEAUTIFUL baby boy~*~

come home~*~ Missing my Staff SGT...Come on June 18, 2010!!!~*~

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
darcywillis
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:31 PM

i Feel the same way. If you ever need someone to talk to you can add me I am always on.

Jessie_Girl1983
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:37 PM

The first year of marriage and of my daughters life was spent with my hubby in Korea. Believe me I know how you feel. I actually DID semi break down. Thankfully my best friend was avaliable to talk to. If you want or need someone to talk to I am here alot. Friends are always important.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:40 PM

I think that is normal to start getting those overwhelming feeling around the halfway point. Is there something you can do weekly to have something positive to associate, instead of just time? Like maybe get a mani/pedi every Thursday. Then you can count trips to the salon instead of weeks. Maybe something a little less costly... Find some books you are interested in and make a weekly trip to the library. Get so many books but you HAVE to return them the next week. That will keep your mind busy, lol! Good luck! I hope the time passes quickly for you :)

fairymom2316
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Quoting usmclife58:

I think that is normal to start getting those overwhelming feeling around the halfway point. Is there something you can do weekly to have something positive to associate, instead of just time? Like maybe get a mani/pedi every Thursday. Then you can count trips to the salon instead of weeks. Maybe something a little less costly... Find some books you are interested in and make a weekly trip to the library. Get so many books but you HAVE to return them the next week. That will keep your mind busy, lol! Good luck! I hope the time passes quickly for you :)

That's a great idea!! Do things so you have something to look forward to!

Welcome to the group! We are here for you.

hugs

abbynzachsmommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Looking at it in weeks helps me too...everything else seems too long..lol. We have 26 weeks left.

Welcome to the group BTW :-)

navy     Lovin my Sailor!!!

Are you a Christian? Do you love to debate and learn from other Christians? Visit us at Round & Round

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

Want to connect with other Navy wives? Check us out! ~ Navy Wives

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)