Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Losing wieght?? piog

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:34 PM
  • 9 Replies

My hubby and I will be having our "wedding" on July 31 of this year. I'm due with this child on July 14th. The doc already told me it'll be at least 3 weeks before that because of my uterus.... so basically I have a month and a half to lose ALL baby weight after a c-section!!! I need some ideas... I already have my dress, and it fit me PERFECTLY before I got pregnant this time: I was at 138lbs, now at almost 13 weeks I'm at 146. I normally get up to about 165 or 170.... so, I'll need to lose around 30lbs in 5 or 6 weeks!!! Any ideas???

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jessie_Girl1983
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:43 PM

I don't want to sound mean or anything and I hope I don't but you will probably have a 2 week recovery so that will put you down at 3 or 4 weeks. If this is a C section don't count on losing ANY weight. You will not be able to exercise for about 2 months-ish afterwards. You really should talk to your doctor about that.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:45 PM

You will be VERY lucky to do that. After a section, you are not supposed to even work out for 6 weeks. It could cause some major complications. Not saying people have not done it and been successful at it, just a warning. I would personally invest in a GREAT girdle. I would put it on the minute the doc gave the OK. You may need to invest in some alterations as well. But you will be beautiful regardless :)

marinemom0369
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:49 PM

well breastfeeding helpes a lot.. I couldn't work out much for almost 3 months after DD's birth but I did loose 30lbs just with breastfeeding.. just a though.

fairymom2316
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Quoting usmclife58:

You will be VERY lucky to do that. After a section, you are not supposed to even work out for 6 weeks. It could cause some major complications. Not saying people have not done it and been successful at it, just a warning. I would personally invest in a GREAT girdle. I would put it on the minute the doc gave the OK. You may need to invest in some alterations as well. But you will be beautiful regardless :)

I agree, it's so hard to do anything after a C-section. It all depends on how your body reacts to it. Some recover quickly, some do not. I know you do have to wait 6 weeks before working out since it could cause a rupture or hernia. You could buy a girdle but again, it all depends on how your body is. I tried using one and it hurt like heck!! I felt like my scar was going to burst! NOT a great feeling...

olgabillman07
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Good luck, but do not be disappointed because 30lbs in a month sounds like a lot of weight to lose, especially after having a C section. I didn't stop hurting until at least week four from my vaginal birth and I had a 2nd degree tear. Breastfeeding will definitely help though. You probably burn 300-500 calories a day doing that, but you need to keep your calories at 1800-2000 calories, or you will feel weak.

hotmamapruitt
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Honestly, You may lose some of it, but you more than likely will not lose all of it, and it would probably be better if you either found a different dress, or if you are just a little too big for it when that time comes, get a corset, or even get some tummy Spanx. This may give you the little bit of room you need to squeeze back in. If you plan on breastfeeding however, there isn't much you can do about your boobs. But if you dont gain anymore than that 30lbs I am very confident that it shouldn't be an issue. With my first pregnancy I gained 35lbs, and by week 4 after a c-section (no exercise or crazy diet) I dropped 25lbs. Almost all of that was the extra fluids your body accumulates during pregnancy. With my second pregnancy I gained 50lbs. but still lost 25 within the first 4 weeks. Just make sure you dont go junk food crazy, and keep healthy snacks in the house, and you should be fine. But do NOT try to exercise after having a c-section. It's very dangerous in the first few weeks because it can cause infections, internal bleeding, and incision opening.

And ladies, please don't give her a load of crap about not being able to lose the weight and that it might be too soon, because did you forget that most of that 30 or so lbs will more than likely come off with childbirth and such. So initially she really is not trying to lose 30 lbs in a 6 week time. It will actually be less after the baby comes.

mamamissy23
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:54 AM

also you wont be cleared to excercise for at least 6 weeks after baby...if you want to diet and loose the weight fast i recommend adkins. i lost 60 pounds in 4 months after my son by doing adkins

alimon
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:56 AM

After my C-section I was up and walking around. It hurt like hell but I healed up fater adn lost a lot of weight. In the first month i lost one dress size. I am also breastfeeding.... Good luck!

bramamber
by Amber on Jan. 4, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Good luck. C-sections do take a little longer to recover from. But everyone is different. With my second I was able to walk around and do more things than Iwas with my first. But I would not just jump back into exercising that close to having surgery. Just be careful and listen to what your body is telling you. and enjoy your day.

AMBER

Join us on

The Military Moms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)