Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fort Sam Houston 68Kilo

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:17 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hi. My husband and I are currently here in San Antonio for his AIT. He is a 68Kilo. I was just curious as to whether there are any other wives out there of his MOS. Im new to the Army life and I know that he has a year before his training is done but deployments scare me. I was wondering if anyone knew how often 68K's are deployed and where they tend to go? Im just looking for some insight :) Thanks.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:16 PM

We are not there, but here is a BUMP :)

JamieLeigh02
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:56 PM

I am at Fort Sam Houston, but my husband is a medic and we are permanant party. Don't know where he will go, but how often he is deployed will depend on the base he goes to. Some deploy more often than others. Are you living on post? 

MeganRoane915
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Im not living on post. No. He is living in the barracks right now. He is allowed to request to live off soon. Were hoping he gets approved. Otherwise we will have to wait till March until he can. I live right down the road though so its very convenient.

mommyofderek
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:14 PM

This won't be of any help but San Antonio is AWESOME! I lived there for the first 19 years of my life and I love it each time I come home. There is so much to do in that town. My church offers a military wife fellowship on mondays from 12:00 to 2:15 so if you want information on that let me know.  

kasonsmommy1114
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:18 PM

deployments dont really depend on your MOS. It really is up to whatever unit he goes to. Is he active duty? he should find out within the last 2 months of his training where he is getting stationed at and what unit. after that you can do some research on it and call over to the unit even and find out. honestly tho (and by no means am i trying to freak you out) he most likely will deploy prolly to afghanistan shortly after he gets out of training or he will be sent to korea. Army is trying to give all the soldiers who have deployed more than 2 or 3 times a break and replacing them with soldiers who have never deployed. I am in the army and as soon as the president said that he is sending 30,00 more troops down to afghanistan a whole crap load of soldiers myself included came down on orders for either korea or to a unit that is deploying soon the NEXT day.

MeganRoane915
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:46 PM

kasonsmommy- Yes, he is active duty. I figured the mos didnt mean much. He keeps telling me his chances are slim but I think he is just trying to make me feel better. Im having a hard time adjusting. Thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it.

mommyofderek- So far im liking San Antonio okay. I cant stand 410. LOL. It freaks me out. Im from Savannah, Ga. We dont have crazy highways like this.

JamieLeigh02
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Quoting MeganRoane915:

mommyofderek- So far im liking San Antonio okay. I cant stand 410. LOL. It freaks me out. Im from Savannah, Ga. We dont have crazy highways like this.

Hahaha. I have pretty much avoiding driving in San Antonio. I tried driving to Camp Bullis once (when my husband was working out there) using my GPS. All was well until I came to the lower and upper levels and the GPS does NOT specify which one to take.

MeganRoane915
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:59 PM

OMG. I KNOW! My GPS doesnt know where to take me either. Haha. And with so many exits shut down and rerouted its just confusing! I end up crying every time I have to get on the highway. LOL. Thank goodness I dont have to drive down but one road and it takes me straight into base. Otherwise I would be a mess everyday!

JamieLeigh02
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 1:44 AM

Sweet. I live on post so I can pretty much walk anywhere I need to go.

Quoting MeganRoane915:

OMG. I KNOW! My GPS doesnt know where to take me either. Haha. And with so many exits shut down and rerouted its just confusing! I end up crying every time I have to get on the highway. LOL. Thank goodness I dont have to drive down but one road and it takes me straight into base. Otherwise I would be a mess everyday!

fairymom2316
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Welcome to the group!

My husband doesn't have that MOS so I don't think I would be much help. Like the other ladies said, it all depends on what unit he ends up with! =)

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)