Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Housing on Fort Carson

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:50 AM
  • 6 Replies

So I'm from Colorado, so we are trying to get stationed there since my hubby's unit is deactivating. Does anyone know if there is a wait to get into on post housing? Also, is there 5 bedroom homes, or only 4? I looked on the housing website, but there isn't much info on there. I am really nervous about living off post because the bah is only $1,065 and thats not a lot for that area!

He stole my heart, so I stole his last name

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommahartwell
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:42 AM

We are headed to Carson in a couple weeks, and from we have been told from others stationed there, housing seems pretty full. Most have said it's about a year for the wait list, because housing is like 98% full. The website was no help, so we just plan on figuring it out when we get there. I'll be 35 weeks when my hubby signs in so we are more than likely ending up off post just because we can't wait to get a house if the wait is so long.

Good luck though mama.

bramamber
by Amber on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Here is a bump

AMBER

Join us on

The Military Moms

PrettyInLace
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Yeah i'm not too surprised about the wait. They took all of 4th I.D. from fort hood and moved them there. That's A LOT of soldiers lol. Well thank you for the info!  

Awoody6
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:28 AM

The wait list here is long about a year. Housing Never answers their phone (not sure why). Off post they do have houses you can rent from 800-1200. Just stay away from the south- south east side (ghetto). Fountain is a not a bad area its like 15 mins away or check out old Colorado city. They also have apartments outside of gate 3 and town homes. Good luck :)

PrettyInLace
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Thanks for the info! I don't think any housing answers their phone, no matter where you are LOL! And I agree, the south is bad! and the further south you get, it turns into "farm land" until you hit Pueblo. Having to pay $1,200 for rent is soooo scary when our bah would be $1,065 because he is an E4 (soon to be E5 hopefully) Maybe we will just move to Parker or Castle Rock and I can just be closer to my friends LOL!!!!  

zekesgirl
by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 11:05 AM

I hated it, I had a neighbor from hell, I moved to Airforce Academy.It is much nicer.Balfour Beatty is a joke.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)