Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi, new military wife here.

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:53 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hi, my hubby just went to boot camp. I am 23 weeks pregnant and have a 2 year old. So for we are coping with Daddy being gone ok. he has been gone for a week now. I miss him terribly!! My son is doing good though. Not really asking for him, which is strange to me cause he is daddys boy. always wanted daddy more than mommy. anyway, just thought i would introduce myself. BTW his branch is Army National Guard.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jennalynn92529
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Hey, I'm Jenn. We are new-ish to the Army ourselves. Mymhusband joined in August 2008. He is military police. He was gone for 21 weeks of boot camp and then they deployed him right off the bat to Korea for 12 months. He is finally due home in 12 days! :) We will be moving to our 1st post (Ft.Hood, TX) in @ 3 weeks from today. We have 3 boys ages 5, 3 and 20 1/2 months. Look me up and we can chat if you like. :)

Davidsmommie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Hi, wow, that must have been an adventure, I hope that He is not gone that long, we are due in may 17 I hope he is home in time and that he doesnt get deployed right off the bat. Considering he is National Guard I am hoping that he gets to spend some time at home with us!!

bramamber
by Amber on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Welcome to the group. Do not be afraid to ask any question you may have.

AMBER

Join us on

The Military Moms

PrettyInLace
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:25 AM

When my hubby left for bootcamp (this was early 2004) I had a 2yr old as well and I was pregnant. I took black and yellow construction paper and made a chain link with the number of days until we see him and my son took a link off each day! I also bought this photo thing that is plastic and it holds probably about 15-20 pictures and you hang it somewhere, well I hung it on a dresser knob so my son could see his daddy every day and keep the memory "fresh"

Good luck and hang in there!

He stole my heart, so I stole his last name

Kim24kids
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:11 PM

welcomeWelcome to the group! 

bebemama10
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:39 PM

welcome

I'm Jackie.. I'm 25.. and my husband's been active duty since 2005 with national guard time before that.  During the 4 1/2 years we've been married he's probably been gone (OBC, training, TDY, 1 deployment) for 2 - 2 1/2 full years.  We are just expecting our first baby so I can't imagine doing it with kids yet but my little "trick" when he leaves is to find a hobby or something productive just for me and dig right into it.  It makes the time pass faster andd then you aren't just sitting around waiting on phone calls & emails. 

CafeMom Tickers

fairymom2316
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Welcome to the group, hope you like it! =)

Join us on

The Military Moms Group

mommyof2EO
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Hang in there! I am in the last week of my husband being at basic training. He's in the Navy and graduates on Friday! I am so excited to spend the weekend with him! It was a very rough road, my kids are 2 1/2 and 3 1/2. So they know Daddys gone at work and it's been rough on all of us! You'll survive though and it may not seem like it now, but you will! You'll actually surprise yourself and I tell everyone if I can do it, anyone can!

tangleballlover
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)