Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Care Packages

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:19 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok ladies need some ideas!!

What do you all include in your hubby's care packages?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
hobbitswife04
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Water flavor packets, canned tuna, toliet paper, cookies, drawings from the kids, chef boyardee cups, friut cups, candy (stuff that wont melt), movies, card games, video games, cards. scrap books.

navy Lovin my sailor!

Abigailsmom781
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 8:50 AM

I do eye drops, chapstick, depending on the season sunscreen.  If it's a holiday month I will do a themed box.  For Easter, I took the fake grass and filled the box and hid eggs in it.  I put jelly beans, skittles, lemon drops, sweettarts, and even a 5 dollar bill for the snack bar.  I found cute little toys that spit out gum or something silly like that.  My husband also enjoyed yoyos to play with and mini games on key chains. Crossword/word finds/suduokos are good too along with magazines like handyman or sports or cars.  Anything that makes them laugh I have found is good.

fairymom2316
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Depending on what he needs that month but I usually send:

Q-tips

hand sanitizer

baby wipes(they can use it to clean their weapons or themselves)

canned food/fruits

powder juice mix

gel insoles for their boots

fruity pebbles(his favorite cereal, they didn't have it over there, LOL)

cookies

crackers

candy

That's all I can think of right now. Remember, that they can buy a lot of things depending on where they are at. If my husband was in a more remote area, he would be getting extra things like PT shirts, socks, underwear, etc.

BlueCollarMama
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:54 AM

We do all the usual stuff: tobacco, letters and drawings from the kids, pictures, the books he requests, snack stuff which usually includes 3 or 4 dozen homemade cookies, all the usual hygiene gear, and clothing and uniform items he requests. But we go crazy for holidays and special occasions!

I send cakes in jars, but I know a wife who mailed a pie for Thanksgiving. Like if he's there for Independence day I'll send colorful plastic water guns, water balloons, streamer poppers for fireworks, a bottle of my daddy's secret BBQ sauce and all the other fun stuff we do at my folks on the 4th. For his birthday I send all the silly hats, balloons and noisemakers (which also work for a new years box), his present/s, confetti, cards and usually some games. I could go on and on LOL but, the one I have the hardest time with is definately Thanksgiving, anyway, hope this helps.

Polly
Proud Army Wife and WAHM of 5!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)