Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ACU purses

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:26 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ive been looking into buying an ACU purse made from my husband's old ACU's that he had while in Iraq. The big companies that do it have these real icky styles that I don't like and they are too exspensive. Ive been looking into small home bussiness that make them but the ones that have styles I absolutely love, have not written back to me. Anyone know any one else that I can talk to about pricing and styles????

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
aviatorswife
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:29 PM

I dont' know who you've gone to so far, but I like www.heroonmyarm.com I bought a bag from them. They have several styles that are nice.  

The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.

bramamber
by Amber on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:28 PM

I got lucky I had a friend at out last duty station that made them for several of us. We just had to supply the ACU of course and pick the design we wanted.

AMBER

Join us on

The Military Moms

apinksunrise
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:49 PM

i make purses, clothes, all sorts of things. i'm in the process of working on new styles of purses but if there is a style you like i could attempt it. ive been sewing since i was 5, so for 18 years.

nikitaboom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Can I see some of your work???

Quoting apinksunrise:

i make purses, clothes, all sorts of things. i'm in the process of working on new styles of purses but if there is a style you like i could attempt it. ive been sewing since i was 5, so for 18 years.

Aileen1979
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:15 AM

I love mine.  Very well made and good price and very polite.  www.custommadebymelissa.com

letusriot
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 4:42 PM

www.soldieronmyshoulder.com

rocknrollgirl70
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Quoting aviatorswife:

I dont' know who you've gone to so far, but I like http://www.heroonmyarm.com/ I bought a bag from them. They have several styles that are nice.  

nikitaboom
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Thanks ladies... I decided to just make my own. The way I figure it.. I have to pay to send them the ACU's ( flat rate box) most of theseplaces (including home bussinesses) begin at about 58 dollars. They charge extra to add zippers or alter it anyway that I want ( each alteration is about 5 dollars each or so) they charge for embroidery, they charge for sewing a patch on instead of velcro. Then I have to pay for them to ship it back to me... we're looking at well over a hundred dollars to 160 dollars for a purse????!!!!??? Where a pattern for a bag style I like is only like 5 dollars. I have the acu's... so all in all it's just cheaper for me to make it myself.. the way that I WANT. wish me luck. Im having some issue wth my sewing machine so I have to borrow my moms so i havent started it yet.

gabsmome
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Quoting nikitaboom:

Thanks ladies... I decided to just make my own. The way I figure it.. I have to pay to send them the ACU's ( flat rate box) most of theseplaces (including home bussinesses) begin at about 58 dollars. They charge extra to add zippers or alter it anyway that I want ( each alteration is about 5 dollars each or so) they charge for embroidery, they charge for sewing a patch on instead of velcro. Then I have to pay for them to ship it back to me... we're looking at well over a hundred dollars to 160 dollars for a purse????!!!!??? Where a pattern for a bag style I like is only like 5 dollars. I have the acu's... so all in all it's just cheaper for me to make it myself.. the way that I WANT. wish me luck. Im having some issue wth my sewing machine so I have to borrow my moms so i havent started it yet.

I would make my own purse too cheaper and you get to design to your taste and style

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)