Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Love Story!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:17 PM
  • 19 Replies

Everytime I see the trailer for Dear John I get all teary eyed and think of my hubby..lol I know its totally cheesy but it just reminds me of how our relationship began.

I had divorced my horrible horrible ex-husband (he cheated on me over and over) and moved to D.C. to get away from him..One of my ex boyfriends who I went to school with back in Ohio was stationed there and he saw I was moving up there and asked to meet up, we hung out a couple of times (we always remained friends) and then one day I met his roomate....

it took 2 weeks for us to fall completely and madly in love. But he had orders to leave D.C. ..he was being stationed in Missouri and neither of us could stand the idea of being apart, so he asked me to go with him...and I being a hopeless romantic said yes!!! My family and friends all thought I was crazy to move with a guy I had only known 2 weeks to another state...but I wasnt

I intuitively knew right away that it was the real thing, this was the first time that I had felt that way...and after 6 months we got married and we now have a beautiful baby girl together and he is the most amazing husband and father. Im so very thankful for him and im so glad I didnt listen to my friends who said I was crazy or my family..But after everyone met him he instantly became a part of the family, he just fit in so well, my whole family just loves him! Here we are 2 years later and I feel like it isnt possible but somehow we fall even more in love everyday..he is currently deployed but will be home in less then two months, its been such a hard road ..it physically hurts to be seperated from my soul mate and I just want him back!!! But this is the life we chose and I wouldnt have it any other way...

All I know is im soo thankful that I moved to D.C..and I would say my first marriage was a complete mistake but if it werent for me trying to get away from him I never would of moved to D.C. and met DH!!

So how did you meet your DH??

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twinmamaof3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Mine is really boring

I joined the reserves (eventually went active duty)  When i walked into the building my first day of drill there was a guy sitting in the break room, sleeping. lol.  I couldnt help ut keep glancing at him.  He was well IDK, We never talked or anything, then 6 months later I am done with basic and ait, we go to our yearly two week training out in Irwin.  I had a boyfriend, at the time. well that guy and I would stay up talking, just talking nothing else.  2 months later I break up with my boyfriend and I run into that guy again, I invite him over for dinner, he moved in a week later and we were married by May 2005.  (we started seeing eachother October of 04)  (no we wre not pregnant that happened 5 months after we got married, lol) 

samantharuf
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:47 PM

My hubby and I grew up in school together just being best friends unitil the seventh grade when he asked me out, and I turned him down, bc I didnt want a boy friend. Then he was pretty persistant until about 8th grade when I finally gave in. I think we have lasted all through middle school and high shool is because nothing really ever changed. We are still best friends and neither of us really changed. We have been together ever since. We now are married with a 8 month old daughter, and happier than words can express. Every morning I wake up to the smell of his cologne and when he leans down to give me a kiss before he leaves for work he slips a note under my pillow telling me that he will miss me and that he loves me. When I was young I thought that love stories in movies were only in movies, but everyday I wake up I feel like I am in my own love story. I know it sounds corny but, he is amazing.

When we were in school:

Now

bluesky51201
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:13 PM

We met online Thanksgiving night 2000.  I was supposed to be in New York helping to chaperone my sister's band trip but decided at the last minute to stay home.  My parents were going through a mesy divorce and I just wanted to be alone so I stayed with a friend.  He was supposed to go to Atlanta to visit friends but decided to stay home.  So I logged into Yahoo and started chatting with random people.  He messaged me about an hour after I got on and I checked him out and saw we were in the same town.  I was talking to four other guy friends at the time and wasn't really paying attention.  All of a sudden the other four windows froze and I couldn't talk to anyone but him.  I tried closing out their windows and going back in but it didn't work.  So we chatted for a couple of hours and then he called me and we talked for five more hours.  Our first date was the next night.  My good night kiss was completely indescribable and I remember going into the house and thinking "I'm going to marry him".

He later told me that he had the same feeling on the way back to his dorm that night.  We became a couple the very next day and were inseperable and were together everyday.  A month into our relationship I wasn't going to be with him that night because I was taking my little sis to a concert.  He came by to see me for a few minutes before we had to leave.  We were engaged a month later at midnight on New Year's Eve and married five months later.  We will celebrate nine years of marriage this year and I thank God that we both decided to stay home on Thanksgiving and were both online at the same time that night.

serioussifL
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:47 PM

I met my DH because I was dating his best friend (Colby). DH was on leave and came back into town. We werent interested in each other at the time. Well shortly after DH left, Colby and I broke up. Then DH started calling me and we would spend hours on the phone while he was at AIT. He came back into town about 3 months later and we got married and PCSd to Texas. Right away I found out I was pregnant. Colby was very mad at us for a long time... but he got over it, and hung out with us while DH was on R&R just a couple weeks ago. Heres a picture of us all, hammered. Not the best picture, but we had tons of fun!! DH is on the left, Colby is on the right.

I am a breastfeeding and formula feeding, pro-choice, vaccinating, Turbo Jamming,
disposable diaper using, cio sometimes, cat loving, dieting, married
and love my husband
Army wife and momwww.myspace.com/serioussifl  Check out my music!

Italiancouture7
by Krystine on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:02 AM

lol thats so funny thats kind of similar to what happened with us..except I wasnt actually dating DH's best friend/roomate..hes was just an ex but somehow he had gotten it into his head that I was "his" lol so he totally flipped out on DH when he found out we were dating..they were supposed to be best friends but they STILL arent talking, not because of DH..he has tried a cpl of times to talk to him but he just refuses ..I just dont get it, I feel bad but what can ya really do? I never intended to be with him like he thought lol to me an ex is an ex for a reason!! But we had remained friends for all those years and then he got all weird about all of that..he wont talk to me either lol but it doesnt really bother me..DH and I got over it a long while ago

Quoting serioussifL:

I met my DH because I was dating his best friend (Colby). DH was on leave and came back into town. We werent interested in each other at the time. Well shortly after DH left, Colby and I broke up. Then DH started calling me and we would spend hours on the phone while he was at AIT. He came back into town about 3 months later and we got married and PCSd to Texas. Right away I found out I was pregnant. Colby was very mad at us for a long time... but he got over it, and hung out with us while DH was on R&R just a couple weeks ago. Heres a picture of us all, hammered. Not the best picture, but we had tons of fun!! DH is on the left, Colby is on the right.

Italiancouture7
by Krystine on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:08 AM

I dont think thats corny at all! I totally understand what you mean!

Quoting samantharuf:

My hubby and I grew up in school together just being best friends unitil the seventh grade when he asked me out, and I turned him down, bc I didnt want a boy friend. Then he was pretty persistant until about 8th grade when I finally gave in. I think we have lasted all through middle school and high shool is because nothing really ever changed. We are still best friends and neither of us really changed. We have been together ever since. We now are married with a 8 month old daughter, and happier than words can express. Every morning I wake up to the smell of his cologne and when he leans down to give me a kiss before he leaves for work he slips a note under my pillow telling me that he will miss me and that he loves me. When I was young I thought that love stories in movies were only in movies, but everyday I wake up I feel like I am in my own love story. I know it sounds corny but, he is amazing.

When we were in school:

Now

JSA8914
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:18 AM

I met my husband through a blind date while he was stationed about 40 minutes away from where I lived. I had just gotten out of a bad engagement, and I really thought I would go out on one date to appease my friend and that would be it.  Yeah right.  That night I fell madly in love with the guy.  I was one of those people who called her best friend when she got home from the date, and told her I met the guy I was going to marry.  She didn't believe me, of course.  Six months later he was getting out of the Army. One day I was in his dorm and he said, "So why don't we get married on Friday. I'm going to get out in a few months and I want to be with you." That was a Wednesday and two days later we were married.

mommyofderek
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Mine is totally unromantic and actually not a story to tell online LOL but basically we met at a taco bell... I met his friend anyway and we all partied together.. stupid crap happened I went home then my husband called me to hang out one on one so I agreed and it just took off from there. 

anarmyslove
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Haha my hubbys dad makes fun of the way we met. My husband has been stationed in Washington for 6 years and i moved up here with my parents 2 years ago to get away from the ex with my 2 kids. Well with the economy being as crappy as it is and me not being able to get a good job i had to do something to provide for my kids so i started working at a strip club, no judging please lol i hated it there. Well he came in one night with some friends and we started talking. A week later he came to stay with me at my parents house bc his christmas leave started and i lived to far from post and then a month later i moved in with him right off post. We have been in love ever since and that was Dec of '08.

Jakesmom718
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 1:54 AM

I originally was married at a very young age.  Of course it was a huge mistake.  However, as a result,  we did have a son during the course of our five year marriage.  Also, we discovered two years into the marriage that he was bi-polar.  This caused a very, VERY rocky relationship, but that's another story.

When I left my first husband, I did the single mom thing for a little while.  I enjoyed the freedom and I did alright.  I could hold my own, but I was pretty lonely.  I wasn't sure how to go about finding a new beau, considering I had gotten married right out of high school and, no matter what anyone tells me, Sex and the City just isn't true.  Anyway, one day I got an e-mail on my myspace page.  It was some guy explaining that he was a single father in the military who was new to the area and was looking for companionship and someone to show him around.   Needless to say I assumed this was too good to be true.  My best friend kept saying, "Ooh, he's cute!!!!  You should so talk to him."  So I decided to e-mail him back.  After a few e-mails and calls back and forth, we decided to meet.

The day we decided to meet, there was a bit of a cell phone error, to which I had called and left a voicemail to let him know I had found a babysitter and would be able to meet him for lunch.  He didn't return my call until hours later.  When I answered, the first thing I heard was, "Well, if you didn't want to go out with me, you could have just said so.  You didn't have to just stand me up!"  Me, being incredibly demure (insert sarcasm), replied with, "EXCUSE ME!  I did call you.  Maybe you should learn how voicemail works!!!!!"  Then he apologized and we agreed to meet later for dinner. 

That night we met and seemed to hit it off.  Even though he brought his kids along with him.  His daughter invited me back to their house to play a game with her after dinner.  I found out a few years later, that he had coaxed her into asking that.  I still find that comical. 

It only took a week for us to realize we were in love.  We lived together and eventually were married for nearly two years before we had to PCS. 

I'm a woman, phenomenally.  Phenomenal woman, that's me.                                                - Maya Angelou                                  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)