Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scared!! ugh...

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:26 PM
  • 22 Replies

Life is starting to become a roller coaster for me. Im sitting in my bed reading posts from another group and the deployment is really starting to hit hard and hes not even gone yet. Our baby is due June 8th and he will be in the sandbox....Im so jealous that other women I know that are pregnant too will have their men with them and I wont even be able to talk to mine. I dont have a clue how Im going to be able to get threw this deployment.....Hes here now but Im still going crazy.....crying

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prego7386
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:29 PM

well just remember WHY he is not going to be with you :) at least its not because eh is some deadbeat drunk that is going to be laid up somewhere else choosing not ot be with you....prob not much help i know just tryin to pointto the sunnier side of things :) ya know...mine was going to be gone when i had our son...i made plans to move back home so i would be close to my family while he was gone and i was having hte baby...is there some way you can work something like that out?

twinmamaof3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:31 PM

It will be ok!  I understand!  I was 10 weeks when my huby left, he didnt come home on RnR until our son was 8 weeks old, then came home for good when he was 5 months old.  He wasnt home for the birth although I was induced 5 weeks early due to pre e, but the the commander said it wasnt a life or death situation.  (umm last I checked giving birth is life, but ok)  It all worked out.  What I did was move back home with my parents.  It helped alot!

aslforme
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:39 PM

i feel you, everytime my dh has to deploy, i detatch from everyone. i hate getting close to him and then he leaves. it seems to make it eaiser, if i detatch myself. i am preg. right now and he is gone. going home to my family is not an option b/c my son is in school and my 2 year old has to be near a hospital.

All i can say is do things for yourself. spoil urself. when my dh is gone, i make sure i do fun things. i eat meals which i love. i go and visit my family. We plan a big vacation when he gets back.

01Clomid.gifdeployment survivor

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Pregnancy hormones are a bitch ;)

You may need to "unplug" for a little while and not read things that can cause you to be stressed about the deployment. It is one thing to get yourself prepared, but you don't want to cause yourself to be miserable thinking about it. You will lose some precious time with your husband doing that. You can and will be able to do this. You may not want to, but you will be able to find the strength to do it and you will be fine. It will suck- no reason to deny it -but you will make it though. Be sure to have a camera and take as many pics as you can. Check into the Freedom Call and see if he can be there by webcam. If not, maybe you can invest in a video cam so you can send him lots of videos as well. But good luck and we are here for you!!

jkmeier8909
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:19 PM

i'm actually in the same boat as you. and the shittiest part is that he's set to deploy only three weeks before i'm due. will you be with family while he's gone or are you staying where your at?? 

i think that is the only way i'm going to be able to get through him being deployed is that i'm going to be with family.

CafeMom Tickers
JSA8914
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:24 AM

I think the hardest part is the anticipation building up before he actually leaves.  That's not to say that it isn't hard as hell when he's gone.  It is so hard when you're pregnant. I was 7 weeks when he left the first time and I thought I was in no way going to be able to get through.  But, I found strength I didn't know I had, and a lot of it came from that baby I was helping grow.  It's not fair, it's not fun, but just look towards the end goal.  It's having him come home to you and his new child.

MRS.JACKSON81
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 1:13 AM

I KNOW WHAT UR FEELING HUN. MINE IS JUST TRAINING IN CALI FOR A MONTH AND IM NUTS. HIS DEPLOYMENT IS COMING UP AND IM A BASKETCASE.

fairymom2316
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:54 AM

hugs

Join us on

The Military Moms Group

jmecherub22
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Alot of us feel your pain. My husband is leaving tomorrow and our baby is due in March. I just count the blessings and wonderful things in life that we do have..:) I hope you have family and freinds nearby to be there for you....Good Luck:)

Ash_andy06
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 11:56 AM
rhonda i will be there to help u im moving back soon.... my hubby wont even see landon until he 3 months ....text me later if you wanna talk about stuff
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)