• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone used Happy Heiny's diapers? Or another washable diaper that you like better?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:52 AM
  • 10 Replies

My husband and I are expecting our first baby in June and are planning to purchase washable diapers rather than use disposables. I have been trying to research all the different brands available online, but am getting confused. I keep circling back to Happy Heiny's brand and am wondering if anyone has tried this particular diaper or has suggestiongs for another washable diaper they have had good luck with. Thanks for your input!

http://www.happyheinys.com/

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hobbitswife04
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:29 AM

I was going to use cloth diapers with this baby, but have yet to get around to it, so I can't be much help. But here's a bump for ya!

krissi8
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:13 AM

I used Happy Heineys on my son from 10 month till potty trained (did not discover the joys of CDing till 10 months) and I loved them! They were my favorite brand by far and I plan on buying a whole new set when we finally get to have #3 :) Feel free to message me if you have any questions :) I am happy to help :)

ocean10844
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Props to you mommies who use cloth diapers, I couldn't do that!! I have a very weak stomach. I am sure your babies love it to, and they are better for the enviroment. I envy you all. Good luck on your new bundle of joys

bramamber
by Amber on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:42 AM

I have used little G, bumpgenius, fuzi bunz and a couple of WAHM diapers. My favorite were the little G and Fuzi bunz, But everyone is different and every baby is different. There are some companies that sell a package of different brands so you can test them out.

AMBER

Join us on

The Military Moms

DevynHummer
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:53 AM

My son was in cloth till recently (he is 5 months old...he happens to pee ALOT and is a really big baby so I would have to put too many liners in to get them to absorb which makes it hard for him to learn to crawl...anyways).

Happy Heinys were one of my favorites actually. I used those and bumgenius AIO diapers.  I like bumgenius as well. The problem is...it depends on the child honestly. I have friends that were only able to use Fuzzi Bunz, it would be a good idea to try a few different kinds. 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

PhilsBabyMama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:39 PM

We love Fuzzi Bunz.  They are pocket diapers, like Happy Heiny's,  but have snaps instead of velcro.  The problem with velcro is that it doesn't hold up after lots and lots of washing, and will eventually stop being "sticky."  I know lots of moms that have had to replace the velcro on the diapers and it's a PITA. (especially if you can't do it yourself)   We also used Goodmama fitted diapers, but they need covers, (unlike a pocket diaper) and were bulkier.

Let me know if you have any questions. :)  I'm pretty cloth diaper literate, and know how overwhelming it was at first since there are so many different types of diapers out there.  There are also cloth diapering groups here on CafeMom.

Here is a photo of Maddox in one of his Fuzzi Bunz this summer:

krissi8
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:51 PM

I have to say that my velcro held up great! After 2 years of all that wash they still looked like new and sold them to a lady who is still using them and the velcro is still great for her...it might just be a different Brands...that being said I believ HH's come in snaps or velcro now :)

MamaBall
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Thanks for all your input! I think were going to get the Happy Heiny's starter kit and try these out when the baby comes. They now sell the starter kit with the snaps only diaper model. I wasn't too worried about the velcro failing but more with concerns posted about it rubbing on the baby's belly and causing redness/rash.

I'm glad to hear that there are others out there who still use cloth diapers without a diaper service. Of all the babies that have been born in my family in the past 5 years, no one has even considered reusable diapers. Guess its the hippy I inherited from my parents coming out in me!

asaffell
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:04 PM

We've been using cloth since our youngest was born, and we'll cloth diaper this baby we're pregnant with right now.

I've tried just about every diaper on earth, and hands down, my cheap Indian prefolds are still my favorites. haha. They need a cover and everything, but they hold up better over time than anything with elastic or velcro. :)

Natural childbirth has evolved to suit the species, and if mankind chooses to ignore her advice and interfere with her workings we must not complain about the consequences. We have only ourselves to blame.

- MargaretJowitt

MaoChow
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:54 PM

This is super helpful for me as well since me and my husband are planning on cloth diapering. We are probably going with the old fashioned Gerbers that use pins. I was cloth diapered as a baby and I have my mom to get tips from. Plus I can sew and make my own covers. I will definately check into Happy Heiny's for easier solutions for when we make the 8 hour drives to see our families after our spider monkey is born. I just don't like disposables. Higher chance of diaper rash, not environmentally friendly and think on the cost!!! You'll spend damned near 3 Grand on the whole shebang with tossers in 2.5 years. Cloth rocks!!!

pregnancy week by week

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)